Ruby CLI Tool to Manage AMD Graphics Cards on Linux

I’ve been working on a CLI tool to monitor and manage AMD graphics cards.

So far this tool can set a manual fan speed or set the automatic mode. It can also display the vBIOS version, temperature, and power consumption.

I’ve purposely tried to keep the software dependencies light so all is needed is a Linux install and Ruby.

Let me know what you think!

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing! :smiley:

1 Like

Excellent use of Thor, I became immediately excited when I saw your title and /bin file. Tracing back to the /lib directory I squealed gaily with joy.

I have a suite of tools at work using Thor to control our AWS environment and deploy software. It is the greatest thing I’ve used outside of Burt’s Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream.

Though, I’m not sure why GitHub is putting emoji’s in the source/raw file. That’s concerning.

Nevertheless, great job. Lot of Python users on this forum so I’m glad to have another elite among us :grin: :wink: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Cool thing and nicely written!

Will try it!

Good job, dude! :100:

Nice mate! Does it work for integrated APUs as well? (Haven’t read your GitHub yet, so don’t bother to answer if I can find it there :wink: )

Any possibility of adding undervolting functionality to it?

I only have two systems with AMD cards at my disposal right now so I’ve only tested it with a Fury X and Vega 64. I have one APU system but it’s not in great shape.

I am fully open to suggestions and pull requests to improve it!

3 Likes

:raised_hands: I couldn’t stop laughing

2 Likes