Rubber coated mouse skin treatment guide (no pic)

If you have a rubber coated gaming mouse for a couple of years, maybe you have experienced sticky mouse surface that sticks to your palm. In this post I will tell you how to get rid of the deteriorating rubber coat on your mouse.

My mouse is Razer Lachesis 4000 dpi. After using it for about 3 years, i noticed that the rubber finish is starting to peel off and became quite sticky. It gets really ugly as it became really easy to be covered by dust.

1. First you need to unscrew all of the screws that you can find. (you might have to remove the teflon feets first.)
  2. Disasseble the mouse untill you get only the top cover of your mouse without nothing attached to it.
  3. Soak the cover (you might also want to do this to the side buttons aswell) in a relatively strong water detergent solution for about 15 minutes.
  4. Use an old toothbrush to brush off the rubber coating and wash off the excess detergent.
  5. Dry it off and voila! You have a nice satin touch finish* on the surface on your mouse.

Try it and tell me how'd you like it.

*Finish result may differ depending on your mouse material.