RTX2070 Passthrough to WIN10 guest from Ubuntu host

Hi,

i am actually mid process and another Win7VM actually bootet once with the expected 4 PCIe devices(or a RTX2070). But it was horribly slow as i still haven’t figured out what CPU settings Win7 requires. So i will set this one on hold for now.

As Win10 runs smoothly i want to focus on that one.

But as stated i am mid process. And i get frreezes to the point where i have to hold the power button. (If i wait long enough i won’t even get an SSH response at all anymore.)

Now with the prequel out of the way: How can i check my current VFIO etc settings?

Unfortunately the module configs seem to disappear after building a new initramfs and rebooting. Wasn’t ware of that so i even added some comments.
from memory:
my last /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf should look like:
blacklist nouveau

/etc/modprobe.d/vfio.conf:
//start of file, can’t find block formatting option for “preformatted”

Needed in order for vfio-pci gets loaded before the GPU driver (as both GPUs use the same driver)

softdep amdgpu pre: vfio-pci
softdep radeon pre: vfio-pci
softdep nouveau pre: vfio-pci

RTX 2070

options vfio-pci ids=10de:10f9,10de:1f02,1022:1452,1022:1453,10de:1ada,10de:1adb

//end of file, can’t find block formatting option for “preformatted”

In hindsight i think that last one should only include the 4 devices from the RTX2070 and not everything in “Group 2”. Can’t find a reference to that right now. Well, what’s done is done.

update-initramfs -u -k all
reboot