Rsync queuing?

I am coming from windows and tera copy, which allows for advanced file and directory transferring functionality. One thing is queuing of files and folders. So instead of starting a second or third file transfer, when adding things to a transfer it waits until the previous files are transferred. Is there a feature such as queuing for rsync?

1 Like

Are you simply looking to resume transfers? Need checksums of files? Progress ? Need to transfer files based on an array/ file? exclude files? send files over ssh?

I am not familiar with terracopy, but “queueing” files in a way can be resolved providing a list to transfer, what specifics do you need outside of queue/ job? Most people will wrap rsync in a bash script to do this type of transfer.

Mainly I would like, to be able to add files to the transfer after it has been going for a while. As well as to not have two concurrent transfers going at once. Tera copy pauses all others automatically while transferring consecutively. I would like to be able to add files to a transfer post transfer starting.

1 Like

while pgrep rsync ; do sleep 9 ; done ; rsync -aP source dest:path/

1 Like

Gotcha, While rsync can do this with some scripting, like python (queue, dequeue, or list), you can use bash too, create a list with the files and you can even echo to add to your text file.

Also, theres the following.

I can’t vouch for these tool, but their claims to do some of what you are talking about. They’ve been out of development for some time…

http://ultracopier.first-world.info/

1 Like