RPCS3 Makes Key fixes enabling compatibility with AAA Titles

This is huge. They just shut down Demon’s Souls servers on the ps3 and this could bring that back to life.

Not to mention all the exclusives that will suddenly be available (uncharted, the last of us, ratchet and clank, god of war, etc)

6 Likes

I am surprised this is such an announcement, it was doing very well anyway and support for ever larger games were getting better and better every release.

But glad to see it all the same.

So that was the big announcement… I saw something coming “soon™” a few days ago… mh. Interesting.

Kinda amazing how far they’ve come in the relatively short time this project was alive, comparing it to PCSX2… That took way longer to reach 20% full support iirc.

Too bad I can’t use it with my Phenom II… would have been nice in an HTPC :confused:

OSS dev is bigger these days luckily.

With more fixes and optimizations Neko is telling me he culd get it running on mainstream i7s fluidly soon

1 Like

I just wish PCSX2 would release a Vulkan renderer, which could solve for those weird problems with emulating Jak and Daxter (scrambled eye textures) and Ratchet and Clank (nearly everything is broken when you use GPU rendering)

1 Like

a) I don’t think it’s actively developed any more
b) not necessarily, it entirely depends on the expertise of the developer on staff and the information available on EE emulation

Oh man, my mother is stuck on PS for these games exactly. This should allow her to ascend.

or in the least give you an excuse to build her an i7 machine. getting ps3 games running takes horsepower

I’m probably going to hold off for the next Zen stuff to come out. (is it zen+ or zen2 or whatever) People are theorizing a higher clock ceiling. She’s got a ps4 and an Xbone at the moment.

wouldn’t expect better than incremental improvements and bugfixes for the platform if I were you

Hey, Ditto. I stuck to the PS3 60GB for as long as I could before it yellow lighted. That’s literally the only proper HDMI PS2 cause there’s a EE+GS chip on that motherboard.

I didn’t get a PS4 or XBONE because it didn’t have reboots of the classic franchises anymore after the movie flop that was Ratchet and Clank. Plus most of the games are on Steam anyways.

What movie? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Just like the matrix never getting a sequel, the Ratchet and Clank movie never actually existed, unfortunately.

It did. It tanked so bad people didn’t talk about it.

thejoke_you

1 Like

I think that’s my Asperger’s showing there. The literalness hurts.

1 Like

Things like this don’t always translate well over the internet. I totally get it.

1 Like

Now all they need to do is get MotorStorm 1 and Apocalypse working and all will be well with the world.

What is two year old min map support is pcsx2 dev for 300 treberk. I suggest reading before making claims.

For the record, I actually own those games, and the last time I tried the GPU renderer, I’ve always had scrambled eye textures in Jak and Daxter and improper shaders in Ratchet and Clank. I was using the default config, so if there is a way to fix that without using software rendering, I don’t know that.

Also, rude.

Holy shit yes. Now if only it would compile correctly >:T