Roundup of X370 Ryzen motherboards for IOMMU?

I love all the great videos @wendell is making on the IOMMU groupings on X370 and other motherboards, and the awesome work on Looking Glass. I am finally going to build myself a decent machine again (been moving around a lot with only a laptop). I want to try out GPU passthrough and Looking Glass on Linux. Pretty excited about it, and I’m not afraid to do some kernel or driver patching if needed.
I am wondering what motherboard to get though for Ryzen/X370. In the beginning @wendell recommended the Taichi and Aorus Gaming 5 motherboards. I am tempted to go with the Taichi. But this has been quite a while ago by now and many new motherboards have come out since. I have seen some questions on the forums about people asking about specific motherboards, but wouldn’t it be nice to have one thread (or even video?) where people can recommend which motherboards to get just for the linux/IOMMU support.
If I missed a similar existing thread or video, my apologies and please point me in the right direction. I guess me search-fu has abandoned me in that case.

I can confirm that the Asus Prime X370-Pro works great for GPU passthrough. I have two GPUs plugged in and they’re both in isolated IOMMU groups.

2 Likes

Asus ROG STRIX X370-F GAMING work too.
And with latest bios 3401 all the CPU integrated and connected devices are in separate groups.
Passing the Audio and USB controller is possible.
If only the main PCI bridge, SATA and USB on PCH were in separate groups.
But I dont think there is a X370 board like that. If there is, I am buying it.

Reviving an old thread here, I have this mobo with the Ryzen 2600x in it running BIOS 4012. This should still work for passthrough?