Rooting my LG Lucky

Ok, in that case you're out of luck.

The only other options would involve reverse engineering and reflashing of a firmware dump. But I haven't got time for such things, nor could I be paid enough to bother. If it was my own phone, maybe id try. But yeah, just gotta make do with it as one says.

You can try KingRoot. You can download the app and follow the tutorials. All these information you can find in the official website: http://kingrootapp.org/. Remember to find the right version to fit your phone.

For one, i tried that.
for two, this post is nine months old. Please read the date of the post, before you post.

Probably need to flash a rooted image or custom recovery and flash a custom firmware (cyanogen mod)

Someday I'll just buy a nexus.

I feel that. I flashed and rooted my LG G4, but I couldn't tell you how I did it. Was playing pokemon and it rebooted into the TWRP recovery.

Not helpful.

You will need to put your phone into developer mode and see if there is the option to unlock your bootloader.

If so go grab LG's drivers and dev tools from theie web site. Place the phone into recovery and run the LG tools in CMD and use the flash command to flash Chainfire's super SU app onto the phone. Once you get root I would recommend replacing your recovery with TWRP if there is a port.

Edit: Dammit this is a necro. If you want root look into that before buying a phone it saves a lot of headaches later.

Which version of the lucky do you have?

should be in about phone section of settings

no reason to have an attitude you didn't provide any information

Read the thread. Model number provided.

I know this.

Read the thread.

Easy way to install SuperSU on your LG Lucky

Just follow directions

Use KingRoot 4.5.0 app - google KingRoot apk all versions. Download and install apk.

Google replace kingroot with supersu. There will be a few sites popup, Mediafire is where the original .zip file is hosted. You can even search "how to replace/remove kingroot with supersu" here on XDA for more info.

Once you have downloaded the .zip file be sure to extract it to your INTERNAL sd, the script in the zip will not work from your external sd.

Open the extracted file and copy the mrw file to the internal storage, the path should look like /storage/emulated/0/mrw.

Now go to the play store, download and install Terminal Emulator. I use the one by Jack Palevich as it is only 551kb and easy to use.

Open the terminal emulator and type "su" in order to grant super user permission to the emulator,

On the next line type "/system/bin/sh - /storage/emulated/0/mrw/root.sh" and press enter.

Now the script will run and open up SuperSU automatically. Install binary when prompted with the "normal" option. Choose yes when it asks if you want to delete other superuser apps. (this removes kingroot).

Before rebooting phone, go into the settings of SuperSU and enable pro mode, change icon if you wish, enable survival mode, enable su during boot. I think you have to restart app at this point, can't remember as I did this months ago. Then restart the SuperSU app, go back into settings to Install SuperSU into system. Reboot phone,

When phone reboots, this is when Kingroot is finally uninstalled. Your phone will still be rooted with SuperSU. At this point you may wish to update SuperSU as this is version 2.46 and the newest version is 2.71 Beta. You can get the newest version of SuperSU from the thread here on XDA.

(thanks MrWolf for the script to make the change and thank you Chainfire for SuperSU, FlashFire, CF.lumen, etc...)

From XDA

From what I have seen a factory reset may be needed to have this work.

Pro Tip: edit your first post so it has that info, so people dont have to ctrl-f the page hunting for stuff

Look, to be honest I don't think it will work. Kingroot wont work. I doubt superSU would.

Or just read the thread before you go around saying "Do this!"
@Destroyed007 This thing needs to be locked. It never should have come back to life.

Factory reset the phone and remove the updates like I said.

Well it has come back alive so how are you going to call your zombiechild?

Rob....
Rob Zombie!

such a good name for a little brain eater <3

1 Like

Whoever bumped this thread, read the bloody date...