RIP Vimeo Free... Vimeo has gone full "freemium" capping TOTAL UPLOADS to 5GB for free accounts

Yeah you don’t need to use Google+ or your real name.

Diversification is necessary these days to survive and reach the widest possible audience. You need to since patreon is how you survive. Not ad revenue

Again though you need to have a reason for people to watch your content in the first place

2 Likes

This might sound rediculous but if $100 is a struggle… Wash one car a month at $10 a car, account paid for. It’s possibly one of the easiest ways to make a little extra and no one wants to wash their car. (Or something similar that’s essentially local door to door odd jobs)

3 Likes

Shovel snow off a driveway for $20?

Part time job to supplement income and other employment benefits.

2 Likes

Dude, overdrafting your bank account to make videos?

Stop. Just stop. You need more stable income if you’re running into that. You can create content on WordPress, YouTube, and other platforms for free.

You shouldn’t ever overdraft your account. That’s money you never see a return on.

5 Likes

Try this:
https://d.tube

I think It would not even slow me down… I would just move on. I do question the idea of limiting their business in such a way. Its not like they are Netflixs or something.

Bitchute is not too bad.

I like the idea of decentralization, but not cryptocurrency. Volatility can really screw you as a creator.

1 Like

Logan tweeted about that earlier, wonder what the big deal is

Don´t know either. Some potential alternative to youtube, I guess?
For my part, I will wait one or two months, then take a closer look at it.

Cryptocurrenty volatility is why I’m not 100% sure on that. It could get hacked like DivX Stage6 did back in the day and everyone loses their coin and it’s robbed from them in one go.

See, BitChute is the right idea, but you’re constrained by their ToS. They still have discretion as a private enterprise, just like YouTube, to do their own censorship as needed.

DTube is promising where it’s a posting ground for anyone, but please don’t tie it to cryptocurrency.

A Video blockchain with no digital currency sounds better. Like MEGA, but decentralized and using a specific algorithm.

1 Like

See ! Your just gonna have to build your own.

I don’t have the resources or computer science knowledge to do it though. I can’t even start up a startup if I’m living paycheck to paycheck on disability, shaming my family and only proving I’m a failure.

It is not always good to wear your heart on your sleeve. Consider keeping some of that to yourself.

2 Likes

Wow bro. Your setting the bar to far low on yourself. I actually never thought this. I have more then several of your posts bookmarked because I thought they had a bunch of knowledge in them.

I read your post wrong but didn’t realize it until I wrote mine. I like my post so i’m posting it anyway. #ooopssss I thought you were saying that you were not smart in general, but you were saying you were not smart to complete the task.

Well, it’s settled. I have to suck it up and pay $101 just to continue my video production. I give up. The only option is to suck it up.

I don’t think you’ve been listening to what people have been saying to you in this thread.

5 Likes

Listen, I was just manhandled by the cops and treated like shit cause I have no rights and taken to the exact same crap hospital again where I have no rights neither. I’ve lost faith in people ever helping me and I may as well give up on everything.

Half a dozen people here tired to help you with your vimeo predicament, and you ignored them all, what are we supposed to do? You lost faith in us for helping and giving you legitimate good, reasonable options to take that you’ve decided to ignore for no reason?

8 Likes

Listen, you’ve had multiple people suggest multiple other platforms and have ignored all of it only to post more off topic garble to make us feel sorry for you.

We tried to help you and will continue to do so but man you gotta participate.

7 Likes