*Revised (WIP)* New PC Build, Any Tips?

I posted a while ago with my build, but I have edited some parts, found better deals, and believe it is all good and compatible. If there is something that is no good or isn't compatible, please let me know. I'm not a total newbie but I am definitely no expert. Thanks in advance for any help! I want to be able to game decently with many smaller games like splunky and minecraft but also run things such as BF4 decently and powerful emulators such as X-Box (don't ask yet, long story, WIP), also I hope this is enough to decently record/edit with software such as camtasia and edit with the CS6 Suite. If you do suggest I change something, please tell me the area I should look in or specifically list the parts to change to if possible. I do think its a pretty solid build myself. One last thing, if you want to know my budget, there really isn't one, I'll legally be able to get a job in January (stupid labor laws won't let 15 year-olds work) to get the rest of what I need but would like to keep it under 700 if possible. 

I would try to get a cheaper WD Blue drive, and spend some money for an HD 7790/7850/7870.  It'll help a lot.  The R9 260X and 270 are not bad options either.

Also don't expect to overclock on that motherboard or upgrade fo an FX 8 core.

Otherwise I think it should be pretty good.

Okay thanks, I'll give those cards a look. I didn't expect to be able to overclock, but I did want to upgrade at some point to the next stair on the ladder for this CPU which is an 8-core FX, why would that be an issue? Its got the same socket, AM3+, is it just a MOBO issue? Thanks for the heads up though.

Would this card be a good replacement?

ASUS HD7790-DC2OC-1GD5 Radeon HD 7790 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121727), and the HDD was the lowest priced WD drive I could find in the 600 GB-1TB range. I think I would be good to bump the total to like 650 to get the GPU, it looks like a much more powerful card than the MSI.

Oh, one more quick thing, would the PSU be good enough to support everything?

Anything else guys?

Socket is not the only thing you need to consider when choosing a motherboard.

If you compare that M5A97 LE board to something like the M5A97 R2.0 or M5A99FX Pro r2.0, you can see that the board you chose is a budget board, which neither supports multiple GPUs nor has cooling over the power delivery (the capacitors/chokes between the CPU socket and the I/O on the motherboard).  The M5A97 LE R2.0 has a 4+1 power phase design, which is usually good for 4-6 core CPUs, but has no cooling.  If you try to put the power hungry 8 cores, such as the FX-8320 or 8350, the power delivery will heat up.  The heat will dissipate slowly, due to having no cooling, and the VRMs/power delivery will overheat, and eventually fry itself.

I would recommend at least the Asus M5A97 R2.0 if you want to use AMD 8 core CPUs.  If you want to add another graphics card in the future, I would suggest the Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0.  Of course, these motherboards are a bit more expensive than the LE one you chose, due to being made with higher components and having much, much better cooling.  The M5A99FX has a 6+2 Digi+ power phase design, which will handle the 8 core AMD CPUs much better, and the digital VRMs will allow for more precise overclocking.

That will do just fine.  Really good cooling on that card as well, so if you want to overclock to get a couple more frames per second, you can do that!

As for a hard drive, this one is $65, with no mail in rebate.  The RED drives are usually for NAS or storage servers, and I usually don't like to go for those unless it's for servers and the like.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148840

It's plenty for this build.  If you want to use multiple graphics cards though, you may need to upgrade a little bit.  You can overclock with an FX-8320/8350, along with your 7790, and the power supply should handle it just fine.

However, if you want to upgrade your CPU, I'd suggest you upgrade your GPU first as it's still on the low-mid end of the GPU spectrum.

Oh ok, so would the MOBO I chose support the 6-core I chose? I didn't even consider the cooling on the board. I'm more of a newbie than I thought! Haha, but this build will probably only be in commission for the next two, maybe three years, depending on which college accepts me. Thank you so much for all the help and advice though, it is greatly appreciated!

Actually, I like the M5A97 R2.0 you suggested. The prove difference isn't huge and it seems to have everything and then some that I could need for now. I don't think I would've found this had you not directed me there, thanks!

*price*

I actually got the same GPU but 2GB instead of one, still the 7790 and its only 20 dollars more, I thought it was a good choice.

Revised revised build is 671.39 Dollars USD. I think this should last the next few years with what I need. Specs:

Also, if anyone knows where I could by the same GPU but with blue instead of read, that'd be great, but I can always paint it or leave it if not.

One more update, I did have to cut my storage in half so it wouldn't be 800+ dollars when I added windows 7 into it. If you guys know of any OS deals, please let me know! Here's the hopefully final build:

Reviews on that HDD are pretty shit.

And for 10 bucks more, you could double your storage and get a 1TB Seagate Barracuda.

AS5 isn't really necessary.  The stock cooler will be just fine unless you want to overclock.  Third party coolers usually supply decent thermal paste, and it's usually good enough that you won't notice that much of a difference between the included paste and AS5.

Cheap RAM @ Amazon, $73: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AHWXTZ4/?tag=pcpapi-20

Cheaper OS @ Amazon, $89: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004Q0PT3I/?tag=pcpapi-20

r9 270x 

R9 270 would be better price/performance.

Sadly they're all out of stock or overpriced.  If this computer was being built a couple months ago, a 2GB HD 7850 would be feasible.

http://www.cheapgk.com/product-category/windows-7 I found this site but am afraid to use it. If I did, it would be with those visa preloaded gift cards, and a one time use at that. Is this like legit or a scam? $22 for win 7 Home if you don't want to click the link for security but my PC didn't detect anything. The sites also been up for a few years it seems.