Review for my first gaming pc

Hey fourm, first time posting but long time watcher of logans videos.

I finally have built my first computer, gaming computer i've been wanting.

Specs

MOBO: Asus Sabertooth z77

CPU: Intel i5 3570k 

CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS9900MAX

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb (2X8Gb) 1866

GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW 

PSU: Thermaltake 850 80 plus bronze

HDD: Seagate 2tb 7200rpm

Case: Antec Twelve Hundred 

Just wondering how I did for my first ever build considering my only experience is replacing ram.

I am a little worried about the psu considering I never seen it used in a build.

No OS yet, Just wondering if their is something I should change first with the hardware. And everything is already put together and booted it up once.  Everything seemed to be working.  I would appreciate any feedback

If it starts up you don't have to change enything :). Something manny non experienced pc builders forget to do is to configure the fans etc, manny mobo's are set to full speed on every fan conection so look at the temperatures and lower the fans speed etc. Do this and your computer will run nice and quiet. But you can do that after installing the OS. 

The psu should be okej it is 80+ and thermaltake is a fairly known brand and most of the people reviewing it seems happy with it.

Thanks for the input. It gives me a little more confidence for my build

a bit too much ram, 8 or 12 is fine i guess. also 1866 is not really needed that much for this kind of build

if you're not sure about the PSU just switch it to a corsair or something, like 650-700w should be completely fine for you

Maybe a different cooler if you plan on OCing much. Unless it's a higher end Zalman I didn't feel like looking it up.

I am sitting at my computer with that same mootherboard, CPU and GPU. So that I can deff tell you is good. :)

and the rest looks good too! you probably wont use 16gigs of RAM, but its probably so cheap right now that it doesnt really matter a whole lot.

just out of couriosity, what did you pay for it all? :)

In total for everything it is 1,400. Have yet to factor in the OS and seriously thinking of a samsung SSD

The PSU is way overkill, unless you plan on a multiple GPU configuration. A 650W will be fine. If you're not gonna edit( or even just small edits, nothing serious), than a 7970 will serve you better. Also, 16GB is also overkill. Games and applications barely use 4GB, so 8GB will save you some money without any performance loss. I don't know that particular CPU cooler, but maybe swap it out for a CM Hyper 212 Evo? Or if you want to go for an even cooler, uh, cooler, a Noctua NH-D14

samsung makes great SSDs, as does intel/kingston/adata/the new OCZ vertex 4 is nice/crucial the list goes on

Well, yeah, Samsung is reliable, but brands like A-Data, Kingston and OCZ will be faster

Alright, I will browse a few more ssd brands.  I built this computer for gaming but it seems I went a little to wild on parts while not knowing what the usual requirements are. O well, better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.