Resizable bar and GHS do not work

Hello world.

I have my PC where I now recently tried to get the Resizable BAR and Graphics accelerated Hardware scheduling to work. Having two problems here. GHS is not showing up under System-Display-Graphics settings. And setting Resizable BAR on auto in Bios does not properly enable it, it should work if the resources tab would show you Large memory range. But I only have medium ones. To enable GHS, I added the 32DWORD to the registry. But I am unsure if it works. I want to get both of them working.

Windows 10 Pro 21H1
R5 5600X
RX5700XT
X570 Aorus Ultra

Bios settings: (enabled)
fTPM
CSM
SVM
4G decoding

Settings: (auto)
Resizable BAR
CPU performance boost

Settings: (disabled)
Fast boot

Bios ver F34

Alvast bedankt.

This is just something I observed when I enabled RBAR is that it wants to disable CSM so maybe it needs to be disabled?

Alright, I’ll try that.

Well disabling CSM disables all of my boot options.

Can you check whether your Windows is installed in UEFI or Legacy mode?

You can check this with the following steps:

• open “System Information” by typing msinfo32.exe in a run prompt (windows key + R) and pressing enter.
  • Check whether the “BIOS Mode” field says “Legacy” or UEFI

A guide with screenshots can be found here: Check if Your Computer Uses UEFI or BIOS [in Linux & Windows] (itsfoss.com)

If your Windows is installed in Legacy mode you cannot boot anymore after disabling CSM. I remember it being possible to change your installation type from Legacy to UEFI so some googling might help you there.

Disclaimer: I am not sure whether disabling CSM wiill fix your RBAR issue

It says Legacy, what I was suspecting.

I’ll try to change it to UEFI but I think I might be better off going Revi OS at the same time so just getting a backup drive and then wiping my C:\ and installing Revi on it.

UEFI only is mandatory for Resizable BAR, as the “Above 4G decoding” only really properly works with UEFI only and CSM disabled.

1 Like