Rescuing my dead microSD card

Corrupt disks/partitions can’t be mounted. You may be able to use recovery tools to recover some of the data from it.

I’ve tried R-Studio, Bitwar, Disk Drill and MiniTools Partition Wizard. They all said the same basically; Nothing Found or Nothing to Recover. Do you have any good recovery software candidates? Perhaps I should format the drive first and then attempt a recovery procedure? In its present state, the micro SD is essentially useless.

Testdisk and Photorec on the image file are worth a try. Formatting the drive will NOT improve your chances of recovering anything, quite the opposite.

1 Like

Easeus Data Recovery finds any files even if the drive was quick formatted. If they’ve been written over, they’re corrupted but it will still pull them.

Testdisk and ddrescue are also great, and free. GParted Live is my favorite distro for those.

I attempted to open the drive in windows and it said the drive is unformatted. I tried EaseUS Data Recovery. It too failed to find any files in advanced scanning. Looks like I’m royally screwed.

How would I know how much to enlarge the .img? Right now it says the volume is at 512Kib and unallocated. This problem has turned into a Gordian Knot.