Reports of Adata XPG SX8200 Pro bait and switch

I’ve been recommending/using these based on the various reviews I saw on launch. I seem to remember L1 did a great breakdown on it.

Based on this, wonder if its time for a follow up?

https://m.hexus.net/tech/news/storage/147069-investigation-uncovers-ssd-maker-bait-switch-practices/

There was some discussion in another thread,

If the performance is the same than it’s a bit of a nothingburger, but if it is worse than that’s pretty shitty.

Unfortunately this is what I have been saying since day1 of consumer NANDs.
It is not a block device, it is a a storage unit. Similar to GPU is not a Graphical output.

Since the new internals still match the marketing you are not entitled to anything and it is not really a bait and switch. If I go back to the analogy to GPUs, it is like boost clocks - not governed by NV even when everybody needs them.

It took HDDs a long time to be consistent enough block device and I have been running a suit on each one and return any under-performing ones. This was 15 years ago :slight_smile: - that is why the Western Digital scandal reaches majortech news.

It will take multiple events like the Kingston 400 and SX8200 to even start a process of change.
There is no suite popular enough to dictate performance and people trust BS like CDD.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.