Replacing the ASUS Wi-Fi GO! Realtek card with a Intel card?

So, I have the B450-I, and with due diligence, I have found out the Realtek WiFi in the ASUS WIFI GO! card is still in very early beta phases in the rtlwifi module, and apparently isn’t stable.

So I’m opting to get a Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 to replace the Realtek card. I know how to disassemble the WIFI GO! frame, so I can access the M.2 slot for the WIFI card.

Now there’s word that Intel M.2 Wifi doesn’t work on Ryzen systems… I’m concerned.

Has anyone replaced their WIFI GO! with an Intel chip on their AM4 ASUS motherboards? And if so, have you tested it on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS?

I haven’t had any real issues with the 8822BE on Linux. Have you tried it?

Don’t have a CPU or Memory for the B450-I just yet, but through Googling, I have found mentions the drivers were in early beta back when 4.14 rolled out.

I just wanted to be sure cause Intel kernel drivers seem a lot better for their M.2 WiFi cards.

Hey were you able to switch the cards? I was thinking of getting the newer 9260 Intel cards to upgrade the same motherboard.

Still don’t have the CPU, Memory, GPU or storage for the system with the motherboard. There are Lenovo Thinkpads though that use the same Realtek WiFi, and people I think have swapped it out. There’s also reports people swapped out the Realtek for a Macbook Mini-PCIE Wifi card using an adapter for Hackintosh purposes and it works apparently.

Personally though, can’t test it cause I don’t have the hardware.

A post was split to a new topic: Replacing wifi card on Asus B450-I Strix

Topic closed for now. @FurryJackman if you want to continue this thread message to me or one of the other leaders and we can open the thread for you. :slight_smile: