Replacing special vdev from raidz pool

Well… I managed to mirror the VMDK based special vdevs over to physical disks.
So far so good…
I then shut down the VM, moved the HBA over to another physical server where TrueNAS was already installed…
I fixed the /etc/zfs/vdev_id.conf and I was able to see my pool with “zpool import”.
Yet, as I tried to import it with “zpool import -f -d /dev/disks/by-vdev pool” it failed with “I/O Error” and told me I had to restore my pool…
Very strange…

Just to verify that the pool was OK, I reversed the operation, and it mounted OK on the Virtual Ubuntu Machine…

I must admid that I forgot two things in this process:

1. I didn’t do an Export of the pool on the source host. (but a “import -f” sould take care of that?
  2. At first try, I forgot that my special vdev disks were on another path which was not connected… so it failed… I then attached the other path, and it was able to see the devices OK. But still it complains and will not import the pool…

The pool I am trying to create is created on Ubuntu 20.04 and OpenZFS… if I do a “zpool get version pool” I just get a “-” which I think is normal?
But can that be the reason?
zpool version returns:
zfs-0.8.3-1ubuntu12.13
zfs-kmod-0.8.3-1ubuntu12.13

And sorry that I do not have the specific error message as I did it via the web-console which is gone now the server is offline again…

Really annoying issue… does anyone have any ideas before I give it another try with some more documentation… :slight_smile: