Remove malware from Windows 101

+1!

That's exactly why clamav exists, it's not for cleaning a linux system, because it doesn't need it, it's for cleaning mailservers for windows users and stuff like that. The concept of the only remotely efficient anti-malware program being a linux-only program whereas linux doesn't need it, should ring a bell...

+1, especially with UEFI systems, it's very important never to install windows on them on the bare metal, because whereas legacy BIOS had to store the payload on the hard drive, UEFI doesn't need that anymore, and has plenty of payload storage on the chip itself.

If you install Windows 8/8.1 on a UEFI system, especially with secure boot, you lose control over your system and can never trust it anymore, because there is payload written to the UEFI chip, and the only option is to get a new UEFI chip, rip out the old one, and replace it with a new one straight from the factory, and even then, you still don't know exactly what's on the chip, except for the UEFI sources that were leaked on the internet in Taiwan from American Megatrends, which you can verify and reflash with the right equipment. A legacy BIOS chip is also closed source, so untrustworthy, but it doesn't have much storage on the chip to do much damage, and the payload is not on the chip, but on the harddrive, and if you use linux or another open source operating system, at least you have control over that payload.

Also, the payload for the BIOS in Windows is vulnerable, it is not on a shielded partition, whereas in linux, it is, so malware will have a hard time influencing the BIOS payload on a linux system, whereas it won't on a windows system. Even with UEFI, linux still provides a similar payload for the BIOS, and adds a secondary secure boot mechanism that actually works and is hardware specific, whereas in windows, all UEFI machines have exactly the same software keys, and those keys are public, so just about anyone can sign malware with the official microsoft keys, and the UEFI will see that malware as trusted software from microsoft.

I have windows on my UEFI system and am not losing any sleep over it.

OK. I got an infection, and remembered, that I wanted to learn this. You posted something similar, less "noob" friendly somewhere else before, and now I luckily got here Zoltan. So, I have a dual boot system, and was like: OK, let's do it on my bare metal Debian install. (if I should do otherwise, tell me. I will. The problem is I can't really trust any computer at this moment. Not mine, not the Laptop, not even a Computer of some guy I know ) After a bunch of scans with malwarebytes, and combofix, and whatever, I still had the suspicion. So I scanned, and got this:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/7jebfda3a3juno1/clamav%20scan.png#

Deleted it all.

Malwarebytes is still giving some kind of reports of it blocking access to sites/ports/IP Adresses, but I guess that has to do with what you said about malwarescanners being rubbish. I am going to post the report of Malwarebytes soon, (it's after the scanning on linux) just in case.

Edit:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/12p97ar1welhdpj/malwarebytes%20report.jpg#

thanks zoltan.

Yes, absolutely^^. Thanks a bunch!

Since I started wirting this, I gotta finish it. I scanned my PC again, but with the live cd. (there was a problem getting the newest GUI version of clamav, so I tried this). And I got way more results. A ton more.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/b1at6aj4jdeer40/clamav%20results%202.jpg

Now, I made the mistake to delete all PUAS (potentially unwanted programs), which made Windows, well... Windows. Since I saw 1800 results, I was like: KILL IT WITH FIRE. Yeah...

Nethertheless, this tool is awsome. And it helped me delte another folder, I couldn't delte. That folder was staying there rocksolid. (I guess, it was becaus of the virus). That was a hell of a thread:

https://teksyndicate.com/forum/linux/my-trash-1000-folder-still-there-its-not-linux-windows-and-i-cant-delete-it-dual-boot

Pewh. :P

I was hoping for a Zoltan Windows troll.

But solid advice anyways 

Yes exactly it pisses me off to no end when people don't know what they're talking about and flip out about "security". I have a friend who's dad owns a Mac and has no antivirus on it. I was helping my friend install Lubuntu on his old desktop to mess around with and his dad literally DEMANDED that I install antivirus on it. I spent 45 minutes trying to FIND a decent GUI antivirus. I almost just told him it had a " firewall" and installed iptables because he wouldn't know the difference and it wouldn't TECHNICALLY be a lie. But I didn't feel like fighting with him.

Rule 1 of tech support:

NEVER argue with an Apple fanboy because whether youre right or not you still lose

I recall a group of researchers that even managed to boot a Linux kernel on the embedded controller of a hard drive by using undocumented ATA or SCSI commands to write custom firmware to and boot from the disk's cache. They also talked about hiding malware etc on the platters by marking the blocks as bad in on-disk accounting tables.

Also if you haven't heard yet, some other researchers have independently recreated badusb for certain mass storage controllers and posted the code on github. So basically they can reprogram USB drives and in theory most any USB device to do sneaky things...

Try to an antimalwsre suite to take care of that ;)