Remote Support Software

This may not be the best place for this topic, but I think it some what fits. I was interested in what y’all use for remote desktop support.

Some examples are Teamviewer, UltraVNC, LogMeIn and a host of others.

Thanks,

Old enterprise job, We used both Microsoft RDP and Chrome Remote Desktop then moved to SCCM remote control for end user support.

I really like Chrome Remote desktop for ad-hock sessions, easy to use and can be used on just about any computer I had. SCCM was very powerful and works well in an enterprise environment.

Currently for the enterprise I’m using Bomgar mostly with Skype for backup. RDP for windows server stuff. Bomgar can get a little annoying as it usually requires end user interaction and you must re-authenticate after authenticating to gain administrator access or you get blinded and loose control when presented with a dialogue asking for passwords on the remote machine.

For personal use and for helping close family I often use TeamViewer because it is both free for personal use and performance is very good. For remote family, I’ll use Chrome Remote Desktop mostly.

For some systems (linux mostly) its hard to beat good ol’ VNC. and of course Apple Remote Desktop for Mac.

I used to use Teamviewer on my freelance stuff. I used LogMeIn at another company, and at my current company, it’s SSH!

Thank you for the information.

I have used Teamviewer for home support but since the security vulnerability was discovered I have been weary of using it, but it was easy to get setup and going.

I’ll look more into the Chrome Remote Desktop, I have used it once put haven’t really played around with it.

I too was a bit wary of Teamviewer until they implemented 2-factor authentication which prevents the issue from before where attackers were brute forcing passwords. You can also see a log of who and where your account has been used to connect if you’re ever concerned you were compromised. I feel fairly confident in their security now and the performance is hard to beat.

I use teamviewer but I’m also lazy as fuck.