Reliable PSU brands?

I don't know when FSP became a bad brand, they still get fairly high remarks for some of the low-power SFX PSUs and even their recent Aurum PT-1200W got a good review from AnandTech.

I've had good luck with Corsair PSUs. specifically the RM series power supplies. i recommend those if you want a good durable silent PSU.

1 Like

Seasonics are not "ok", they're superb.

okay someone tell what all the rage is with seasonic? I've read plenty of reviews on amazon and newegg on some of the pus's and looked at the specs myself. Nothing that isn't already out there for cheaper.

Sometimes, even good brands produce crappy models.

Generally, I check out PSU reviews on http://www.jonnyguru.com/

They do probably the best job at reviewing. Testing properly. If they recommend it, it's good.

Very clean voltage delivery on all fronts, excellent efficiency, and very solid construction with little issue. Oh, and they have a 7 year warranty.

Just a headsup! EVGA has a 10 year warranty!

Those are manufactured by Super Flower.

Corsair does not manufacture any PSUs. They instead rebrand products from various OEM. They use different OEMs even within same series. Take for example RM series: 4 of them are made by Channel Well Technology and 2 are made by Chicony.

1 Like

Also on a different point, is there a reason you are going with sli 970s instead of a 980?

Corsair or Silverstone is what I'd buy for myself.

i didn't mention who manufactured the PSU. that's irrelevant to this conversation, OP asked what are some reliable PSU brands, and I named Corsair. I've had great experience with the RM Series PSUs. that's all.

What I am trying to explain is that brands do not matter. It's just a sticker. Quality depends on manufacturer and the internals for the PSU.

1 Like

i really don't want to continue on with this conversation. all I'm saying is that I've had great experience with Corsair power supplies and i can vouch for the RM series if OP considers them. End of Discussion.

1 Like

Out-sourcing alone can't be an indicator of quality, but it does instill a sense that the final product is not in their hands. I can see where both of you are coming from, but for all intensive purposes it seems that corsair puts their name on quality PSU's.

Not realy corsair have had some crap in there range of units like the first set of CX units (there new oem for the CX units isent that good ether)
The rule is dont take something from a reseller on its name research the unit find its oem and find a good review of the unit (try jonnyguru, HARDOCP or RealHardTechX) for incredibly in depth review's

Budget. Will be buying a 970 now, then upgrade in a few years to a second one.

1 Like

You get what you pay for.

Seasonic, Superflower (EVGA if you live in US) and FSP are the top notch PSU makers around.

Seasonic has my vote, Corsair is hit or miss, stay far away from their "i" series. XFX is also made by Seasonic so that's a plus. I have 5-7+ year seasonic psu's that are still doing just fine, there are very few manufactures that make such quality psu's. Yes it sounds fanboyish but its coming from my experiences.

Most are CWT now though.