Reinforced Laptop Backpack

Hey, nuke your own thread. I don't care.
You have my thoughts on that and now I leave.

You are a troll.

Police surplus padded with a shoulder strap. Not sure on water proofing but reasonable priced and sensible postage (from Finland). I'm thinking of one for my VAIO slider ultrabook and have had stuff sent to the UK before from them.

1 Like

Buy once, cry once. At least with stuff that matters.

Pelicans are great, there is a less expensive version of the U100, although it doesn't have a a latching case like the U100 does.

1 Like

Not sure if you would be interested in this option, but I just found a cheap bag of an appropriate size in my garage and used 3/4" foam to surround my laptop. I glued it together and used Fiba Tape (mesh tape used for drywall) to reinforce the foam and make a hinge for the top portion, with two small finger cutouts so I can open it.

I can hold the bag out at shoulder height (I'm 6') and drop it with no damage to my laptop. I can stuff it into my backpack. Since I had everything already except for the backpack, I only spent $40, the cost of the backpack. With any luck I will be able to finally put it to use this year and go to the Montana cabin I rented out!

1 Like