Regretting my macbook purchase

what do you use your computer for?

He said in the post he uses it primarily for school.

i see. Any basic laptop would work in that case, right?

This LINK would be as basic as it gets for school work honestly.

i have a acer laptop with the new kaveri a10 7300 . i have plans to upgrade it with a ssd and 16gb of ram .it is one of those laptops that you have to take apart to upgrade stuff. interesting with mine is that is has a space for a blu ray drive

it works very nice and i like it. its on sale at amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K2O4THY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you guys so much for all the suggestions, and sorry for not getting back to everyone. I looked through the links some of which I have really liked, but I am throwing another curve ball into this... What of those links (or just new suggestions) would be good for university programs? If I wanted to get into a computer engineering course or software engineering, would those choices still be viable? Or would spending more money be a must? I'm terribly confused with this, I have had so many different universities hold seminars at my school and they've all given me different answers. Some have said you won't be doing much on your own machine, and others have said it's vital, and then others saying it would be detrimental to bring it in to an engineering related class. If you guys can help me make sense of all of this it would be awesome, and hey, if you see this Logan or Wendell or Qain or anybody, for the love of God what do I do...

Sell it and buy a Thinkpad I reckon.

The G505S does good for games, I would assume it would be decent for a computer related class but idk. The more expensive ThinkPads are absolutely fantastic, but they ARE more expensive...