[REDACTED]: The CaseLabs Magnum SMA8 Build

Thats cool. The pic is memtastic on its own.

I thought about a Caselabs case, but they are just a little too expensive for what I need.
Still nice setup

I got more CPUs, RAM, 10 drives (2x 2.5" SSD, 6x Hard Drives, a SATA dock w/drive, and a BluRay Burner) in a smaller case :slight_smile:

1 Like

Phanteks, nice. (I have the tempered glass P400 Eclipse. Love the look of it)

I like the caselabs case for the looks mostly. It's a nice case. Although the paint could be a little tougher.

The Magnum I wanted used to be spec'd out over $500... but it looks like they've raised prices to where $640 is the base config. I N S A N E. They are good cases, and I like them, but they aren't $600+ good.

I would say they are when you factor in longevity. This case could easily last 20+ years. But that's just my opinion on it. I get that it's a completely and totally ridiculous case.

And that's why I love it lol

1 Like

How much was your config?

I honestly haven't sat down and added it all up.

More than I should have spent honestly. Just the PC alone? I'd have to guess somewhere in the $2500-$3000 range with all the water cooling parts and SSD's and whatnot.

Hi…i am a new user here. I was going to suggest that maybe there is some way to use laboratory Pyrex graduated cylinders as water reservoirs?
As for lighting, I saw and loved this new product today. RGB+W LED strips.

assembly circuits

1 Like

I was thinking of that as well. Heatkiller makes a nice reservoir out of glass, you could mark the side of it like a beaker.

My idea was to use a jacketed condenser as a reservoir, then have a “Secondary loop” running through the condensor coil. It wouldn’t do anything for cooling, but would look awesome. Especially if you left the main loop as clear liquid, and had the secondary liquid colored with UV coolant.

Finally redid the tubing. I like it better than the horrible job I had done on the hard tubing. Used a little adhesive cable management doodad that I had lying around to “hold” the tubing above the reservoir. Why? Because it looks better than just having the tubing laying ontop of the reservoir.

At some point I’m probably going to switch the 120mm radiator out for a bigger on for the top, hopefully one of those ones with ports on all sides, so I can use one of them as a fill port

I wish I’d done the drain port this way from the get go.

I also need to buy or make some better cable clips, if not cables themselves (I’m honestly disappointed in what you get with CableMods). If I’m buying vanity cables, they better not have pointless connectors hanging off of them like giant tumors.