Recommend me music?

CCR, RHCP, A7X, Alice Cooper, Ozzy Osburne, Green Day, Dirty Pretty Things, Bob Dylan, Slash, Beck, KISS, Young MC, Jimmi Hendrix, Oomph, and Five Finger Death Punch to name a few I listen to

Metallica is not that heavy?

Not really lol. compared to what's out now, nowhere close. then again back then they considered Kill em all to be the heaviest metal album ever. there was much more heavier stuff back then.

Kill em All came out in 83.
this came out in 86, and much heavier than Metallica.

1 Like

I don't like heavy shit. I love Metallica, but that's about as far as I'll go

Back when Metallica was actually playing hard heavy metal they were more mainstream thrash metal. Dark Angel was thrash metal - Early death metal.

1 Like

Metallica stopped being "heavy" around 1990, when bands like Demolition Hammer, Exhorder, Morbid Saint, etc began releasing full-length albums. To me, thrash from 1990 - 1996 is the heaviest it gets. A lot of new thrash is actually not all that heavy. Part of this is due to the inability of the modern process to recreate the analog recording/mastering sound and the hardware being used.

1 Like

Actually yeah if you could post a couple of tracks by your favorites/of those listed, that would be nice.

These aren't my favorite thrash bands. I usually like them more heavy, but here's a good list to check out.

What about some of your favorite bands? Would like to test the waters so to speak and see whats out there.

Bands with thrash influences:

Bands with Doom influences:

This is what I have so far. New stuff-wise