Recommend a Python Web Framework

Woah… cool. Is this being transpiled to JS? No way its running natively?

Edit: Okay in my defense it’s late here. That was a dumb question. Obviously it’s not running natively, plus it says it’s a JS implementation.

However I might try this - https://developers.google.com/closure/

1 Like

Why use python then? :stuck_out_tongue:

Kinda makes me happy I prefer Golang (over both node + python for web dev) - faster, better syntax, and types :smiley:

2 Likes

There’s something to be said about the opportunity costs of learning to code in another language. I only know python so it wasn’t a hard choice for me, lol. I like python because it’s so easy to learn and is also quite expressive. It isn’t the fastest I guess, but it’s still better than php!

Go is pretty awesome.

3 Likes

Woah, woah, woah. No reason to pick on PHP.

1 Like

Eh, PHP has it’s quirks that drive a lot of people mad.

It’s not a bad programming language, but it’s definitely not a first choice.

2 Likes

But its so easy :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So is bash.

PHP was my first love, but yes… Super easy to pick on

1 Like

PHP is like everyones first girlfriend.

At first you love her, then later in life you realize that she was a mistake.

5 Likes

Why would anyone choose to build the entirety of their app including the server side on JS?

I am noticing frameworks like Sails.js which encourage programmers to use JS per se and I am wondering what are the pros and cons of that approach.

The sheer amount of tooling and libraries built around it. Don’t even need to pick JS, could use any of the langs that compile to JS - TypeScript, Kotlin, Dart, etc (give https://www.slant.co/topics/101/~best-languages-that-compile-to-javascript a look)

So let’s take clojurescript for example. Why compile clojure into javascript and use that instead of just use clojure on the server side?

Never used cloujurescript before, but from what i can tell the appeal would be to use node.js modules. I have no statistics, but considering the community around node, I would imagine it performs well - perhaps better than what exists for clojure?