Recomended e-mail-service?

Posteo.de/en
Posteo is quite nice as it has a nice mix of security and compatibility.

I personally use Zoho mail.

I would recommend against hosting your own email service as there are too many plausible issues with it.

1 Like

I sent them a report, lets hope they actually read it.

with Protonmail, you get a cool address @pm.me

Also protonmail logs you out INSTANTLY (the second you click) no reloads and such

2 Likes

From what I understand with protonmail, the security is excessive to the point it starts to interfere with usability.

Excessive security? And HOW it interferes with usability?

1 Like

I like Protonmail as well. Itā€™s a freemium service. There are absolutely no issues with using the free version, and they donā€™t pressure you to upgrade. I pay the first tier because there are added benefits and I want them to stay in business.

I like this feature a lot. Itā€™s super simple and doesnā€™t sound as weird when you give people your email address or sign up for things.

I also like that you can have multiple addresses under one account, and you can also use protonmail.ch.

Iā€™ve been using it for several months and havenā€™t had any issues, other than the spam filter can be a bit over-cautious. Itā€™s a very minor issue though. Thereā€™s only been one or two times where Iā€™ve had to look in my spam and find something. Iā€™d rather it filter out too much and have to check it every once in a while instead of it being too relaxed and letting a buncha bullshit it.

1 Like

Perhaps they are filtering based on the age of your registered domain and/or the age of your tls certificate. Thatā€™s pure speculation.

1 Like

@MiekeReust @aLilBabyOtter
I should have been more clear with this, but security in excess where it is the little things that cannot be used.

For my use case (may not be the OPā€™s), I like having the ability be able to use IMAP as I manage multiple emails with a single application rather than be forced to use a specialized app for it.

Alright then nevermind, I did not know that IMAP compatibility was implement for paid users.

I ran a few more blacklist sites and found myself on the following list:
https://matrix.spfbl.net/. I removed my ip. Lets hope that that fixes it.

I have a guide for you.

Not gonna pretend it is super encrypted beyond the normal. Just means you are hosting it yourself. You can encrypt the local storage of course.

Or Proton mail.

2 Likes