Realms of the Elderlings - Robin Hobb

I'd like to share a book series I'm ejoying very much. It includes three trilogies and a quadrilogy (so far, might be more later on). The setting is medieval age with fantasy elements, including magic and fantastic creatures. However, the magics described here are something I've never seen before.

The story the books tell is quite brutal for the main characters, especially in the Farseer and Tawny Man trilogies. The style is full of cliffhangers and events that never go as expected. I cannot say any more without having to wrap the whole thing as a spoiler.

Anyway, here they go. Links go to the Goodreads page for each book; they are listed in reading order. I added a very small description for each book hidden as a spoiler. It does not spoil anything of importance, they are just little teasers, really. But since even the name of the main character is not revealed until later... well, I thread with care.

Farseer Trilogy

Recounts the story of Fitz Chivalry, bastard and orphan of the heir to the Six Duchies throne. Raised to be royalty without the implications and, as the title implies, the dark hand of the King.

Notes: First person narrative. Heavy in descriptions and character thoughts.

Assassin's Apprentice

Royal Assassin

Assassin's Quest

Liveship Traders

Pirates, traders and mysterious talking ships set the stage upon which the characters play their role to fulfill an old forgotten prophecy. Set in the same universe and (subtly) related to the story told in the Farseer Trilogy, these books narrate the events revolving around the mysterious origin of the liveships.

Notes: Third person narrative. Multiple characters and parallel storylines.

Ship of Magic

The Mad Ship

Ship of Destiny

Tawny Man

Fitz is back! The events on the last two trilogies finally intertwine to bring about the fulfillment of the prophecyand end the brutal story of Fitz Chivalry.

Notes: First person narrative. Heavy in descriptions and character thoughts.

Fool's Errand

Golden Fool

Fool's Fate

The Rain Wild Chronicles

I only finished reading the first of these, so I can't really comment on the collection. From what I've seen so far, it's definitely Robin Hobb's style and in line with the rest of the books in the series. The events go back to the stage set in the Liveship Traders, but obviously the timeline sets this right after the Tawny Man trilogy.

Notes: Third person narrative. Multiple characters and parallel storylines.

The Dragon Keeper

Dragon Haven

City of Dragons

Blood of Dragons

That's pretty much it. If somebody is reading or has been reading these, feel free to post your opinions.

Cheers.