Really need help with partitions

hey guys i need some of your wisdom and knowledge on this.

i currently have steam in my h partition i have my hdd in 2 portions h and C partitions

when i installed steam eons ago i installed it in the partition the H and i need to be in C. I am all out of gbytes in H so i cant install the Hawx demo and the empire total war demo.

so how do i move steam to the C partition please help much appreciated guys once again

Uninstall it, then reinstall it with the directory set to partition C. that should do it.

yeah, it will uninstall all ur games too...i think? or maybe you can change the directory

Save the gamefiles, inside steamapps. then uninstall

Download Hirens boot CD and burn it to a CD/DVD then set your PC to boot in bios then go to a harddrive tool and move the files

similar thing happend to me , so i just moved the entire "steam" folder to another partition with more free space and now i just open steam directly from there every time.

RIGHT CLICK HOLD

DRAG TO C:/PROGRAM FILES

DROP

lol, wont work that way im afraid.

Registry shiz.

Its really simple, just take the whole steamapps folder and put it on a dvd (or more) or use external harddrive. Then you uninstall steam.

Then you reinstall where you want it.

Then you toss the steamapps folder back where it belongs, now restart steam and start installing games, (you already got the game engine in the folders, so it wont take long)

I'm pretty sure I dragged and dropped my entire Steam folder from C:/Program Files(x86) to E:/Steam

[img]http://imagebin.org/index.php?mode=image&id=40994[/img]

MeGotRice wrote 2 hours ago »

RIGHT CLICK HOLD

DROP

your kidding right it cannot be that easy

xXxPathogenxXx wrote 1 minute ago »

MeGotRice wrote 2 hours ago »

RIGHT CLICK HOLD

DROP

your kidding right it cannot be that easy

Just... do what I said ok?

It is THAT easy. It worked for me. Just have Steam closed when you're doing this and steam will reconfigure its directories.

Yes it works that easy