REAL British tea or that fancy Italian Coffee?

It is primarily because tea is not grown anywhere on the British Isles. British-style tea is a more apt description.

I prefer a good English Breakfast over coffee anyday.

I have to side with coffee, tea never suited my taste. Espresso is great, it reminds me of childhood. I grew up drinking hot chocolate and eating very dark, almost burnt toast (my grandfathers favorite) for breakfast. Espresso combines both well, the warm drink and smoky taste of the toast.

Real Asian tea

FTFY

The other misconception: tea is not always watery. The most common tea in the UK is English Breakfast, or sometimes it will be a similar blend called a Cuppa blend. There are certainly other blends that are popular throughout England such as Afternoon Tea, but the common thread between them is their strength of flavor. Needless to say, these don't lose to coffee in terms of color. Steeped the standard English method, these teas are typically very strong. I've found that I prefer mine less robust, and I opt for my usual method of preparation with loose leaf tea and a Philips Senseo with the carriage removed and the spout basin shimmed with Gorilla Tape to form a seal. And similarly as there is no such thing as British Tea, because tea cannot be grown natively in any of the British Isles, there is no such thing as Italian Coffee, as coffee cannot be grown natively in any region of Italy. Sorry to burst your bubble, but these are best described as styles of preparation. In the case of British Tea it is mostly in the blending (English Breakfast or Prince of Whales, Darjeeling, etc.) In Italian Coffee it is the method of preparation (Espresso.)

dat english breakfast tea is pretty strong.

Try some loose leaf Ceylon Orange Pekoe

http://www.twiningsusashop.com/ceylon-orange-pekoe.html

Just don't oversteep it, that is the greatest mistake to make and a disservice to the tea. This tea does produce a surprisingly vivid cup of tea with subtle citrus nuances and a smooth mouthfeel and the strength of flavor usually associated with black tea. It is also very orange in actual color, which is also a plus.

Many people will say that Twinings in an inferior brand of tea, but I think it is an excellent starting point into the world of loose leaf teas. I say this because their flavored tea bags are abysmally bad and should never have existed. However, they do manage the classics of British style tea very, very well, especially for the price.

Brew it quickly after rinsing the leaves or it becomes super astringent. Best steep time is between 50 and 120 seconds. If you let it go beyond three minutes, or you steep with water hotter than 195, you will likey be left with an undrinkable pot of swill, no matter the quality of leaves.

I've found my solace in Twinings of London Gunpowder Green Tea. 

A light gold tinged almost green, to suit the name of the tea. This style of green tea has a notable, but not overwhelming smokiness with subtle vegetal and earthy aromas and a faint sweetness. The liquor is crystal clear and has a smooth, almost heavy, yet dry mouthfeel, enticing the drinker to merely consume more. Certain blends and seasons may also taste peppery, minty or more floral than others. A characteristic distinction of Gunpowder Green Tea, which is believed to be an attributing factor to its naming, is the fact that the individual leaves are rolled into balls to ensure that they stay whole and also that their flavors remain fresh and sealed within. When you go to a store that carries this tea, feel free to pick up the tin and give it a light shake, it sounds a lot like the clatter of gunpowder grains.

I'm not complete without 5 or 6 mugs of tea a day, and have been so for the last decade. My two staples are Clipper Organic English Breakfast and Yorkshire Gold, and I'd recommend them to anyone after a strong, rounded experience. Pure Twinings Assam isn't a bad choice, but it's a touch on the bland side.

Stay away from PG and Tetley for strong blends, as the quality is lacking.

sorry but your all wrong!!!

PG Tips

tips or nothing blooming yorkshire tea should burn in the hole of which is Yorkshire!!! Lancashire all the way!

Monkey judges you!!

tetley all the way, get headaches if i dont drink my regular dose of tea every few hours

Alokazy, they make gud black/green tea bags c:

Wissotzky also makes some pretty good teabags of standard black tea.

Read my tea tasting journal/blog for information about my current selection of loose tea.

http://mndless.weebly.com

My teas are all cheap teas from whatever brand I can find without ordering online, but I attempt to describe their flavor and what I think is the optimal preparation. If you disagree with me, there is a comment box which I'll receive an email from.

Well I haven't seen that anywhere and I have 20 boxes of Alokazy black tea bags.

PG Tips The Monkey said so!!!

Monkey

MONKEY!!!!

Adagio <3

I've had blueberry tea from the Boston Tea Company and it was horrendously metallic tasting. It didn't matter if I made it in a stainless pot, an aluminum pot, an aluminum kettle, a ceramic kettle, or a ceramic dish, it always tasted really metallic.

On an different note, I use old(er) teabags and lower quality tea to make "iced tea" by popping two bags into a liter bottle of water, flipping it upside down, and letting it sit over night. In the morning I take out the bags, but the bottle in the fridge, and it's good to go by midday or so. I'm currently using questionable quality Bigelow Darjeeling and it's working out good.