So you've come to the Build a PC help part of the forum, Eh? Great! There are a bunch of guys here willing to help you out with your questions and more specifically your build, Welcome to the Glorious PC Master Race, enjoy your stay.
Before, you post be sure to read the rules
Sweet! let's get building! ... Wait what? you need some background info?
disclaimer: you don't need to answer everything-
To make things easier around here just include some extra info so we can tailor you better.
- Budget. How much are you willing to spend?
- Where do you live (what country, don't post specific details), and what currency do you use?
- Is there a retailer you prefer?
- Do you need or already have peripherals? (this can add to costs)
- What will you be using your Glorious computer for? Gaming? Rendering? Mix of both? Or is this a home media PC or Steam Box?
- Do you overclock or want to get into overclocking?
- Do you plan on going for custom water-cooling now, or in the future?
- Operating System. Do you need a new one?
If you Game-
- What kind of settings do you like or what FPS do you want to play at?
- What resolution will you be playing at? //or would like to play at.
- What kind of games do you like to play?
- What specific game will you be playing (if you really only play one)
If you Render or Edit things-
- What application do you use to render? (very important)
- Do you render movies or just Photoshop pictures
If you don't have peripherals -
- What kind of keyboard do you prefer? Mechanical, scissor, membrane, etc.
- What type of mouse-grip do you have? Palm, claw, combination?
- What kind of games do you play? (mmo vs fps, for button management)
- What size monitor are you looking for, and what resolution? Screen type (IPS, S-IPS, TN, etc.) ,hertz (60, 120, etc.)
Please submit a PcPartpicker list as it's really easy to configure and edit. (you may have to change the URL to your region.)
If you can't or don't want to use PcPartpicker, just keep the format clean and organized. :)
If there are any parts that you must have, and you don't want to be swayed against, such as a particular graphics card cooler Please be open as there may be better solutions out there
If you don't know what some of these things mean (E.G. "hertz") feel free to just ask. We're all for educating everyone.
Also- Remember to ask why someone would recommend that specific component over another. If they just say A is better than B for no reason. Don't listen to them, ask for reasons X, Y, & Z in a sincere manner so flame wars do not ensue.
If you already have a thread there is no need to create a second thread if one small detail has changed. Instead you can easily edit your own post to reflect the change. Subsequent duplicate threads will be deleted
Happy building! ~NJM1112
EDIT: If you feel that there needs to be a change to the list above please PM me by clicking on my username.