RE:POLL - New Hardware, New Poll?

Questions to those who have voted: What about the ROG would you want to see? I’ve decided I am getting an Envy when I can get them used and I’ll spec it myself, and that I need a workstation at the moment, so the ROG is going to be best.

As it has a full desktop chipset and a socketed processor, what would you want to see? If an 1800 can go in there? 2700X? 2800X? GPU swaps? Please inform me of what you would want to see or would be interested in.

Bump. Want to try to get some more votes. Someone has to be interested in the other two, right?

Not when there’s that AMD ROG.

1 Like

I mean maybe, but I mean… Is that just the answer?

I mean I want desktops with 2 processors, maybe for me it is, but what about someone else?

Eh, I’ll find that answer on Ask Noah in a little bit. Maybe noah will have a rebutt for me lol.

1 Like

You calling in?

1 Like

I’m in the mumble room. Trying to not be nervous about a live interview DDDD:

You’ll be fine.

Just focus on asking him questions bro. It’s just you asking for advice.

1 Like

Actually its a straight up conversation. No questions at all haha. Talking about standards of hardware, and bringing up this poll while I’m there.

1 Like

Even better.

2 Likes

Buddha’s help me.

Regarding what you said on the show I’m slightly confused. To me it seems you can now have these power house laptops that outbench many desktop system.

Your issue seems to be there are not enough options with AMD gpus. And to be fair, it doesn’t make that much sense to stick an AMD GPU in a laptop ATM.

Oh, no. Anyone can use whatever they want, and Noah just wanted to do the thing because we have tried to line this up for 3 weeks now and I’m a nervous wreck, but for me as a linux user I’d rather not have my drivers explode from the company that cares very little about me.

Theres plenty of laptops with AMD GPU’s, not a problem. I have a problem with too many baked netbooks that you can’t modify and can’t use real GPU’s.

It just has to be capable of things, not ignore them completely.

If I understood you correctly, the HP x360 should be the standard for laptops, however in the days of iOS an Android I’d sooner recommend an 400$ iPad for most people. I think the reason “netbooks” is the majority is because that is what people do, read email and browse the web

1 Like

Sure. An ipad works fine for a lot of people. But, IMO, each machine needs to be capable of whatever could be thrown at it.

Just a few years ago computers were 1000 bucks on the norm. And no one bitched. If you drop the price, people will flock, but then expectations also drop. So something that should be normal, and once was, is now rare in comparison.

And to be fair, someone who works with computers will have a different list of needs than someone who needs gmail. The best comparison is IBM to AMIGA. Amiga was probably the best system of the time, but people looked at IBM like it was god and tried to play doom and never figured it out.

Here you go

Has nvidia though and I’d prefer to avoid nvidia. Also is it touch enabled?

You can get it with ryzen and Vega.

1 Like