Razer updates Blade Stealth with larger display and gunmetal grey option

Hopefully this means we could see the same bezel-reduction, and new colour across their range. The regular Blade would work really well as a 15.6" machine. Would make it more competitive with the XPS 15 and MBP in professional environments.

2 Likes

If they make the Blade with a 15.6" screen to cut down those bezels and allow up to 32Gb that will be an excellent XPS 15 alternative.

The thick bezels just kill the overall look of the machine for me, really like the grey too.

Drop in price of the older one then?

They'll probably be selling them at a discounted price on their site, but don't expect massive savings.

the 17 in Blade is $4k on Amazon at the mo, so expect Razer to ask for a testicle from a Minotaur on a full moon.

I purchased the Blade Pro, worst mistake ever. The keyboard was horrid and the bezels looked like something out the 90s (same problem with the Blade), never liked the trackpad position much either and prefer having the keyboard dead centre.

Ran super hot too with the fans running audibly even on light tasks, shifted it on eBay fairly sharpish!

Whatever Razer ask for a 15.6" Blade it'd probably still work out cheaper than my 2016 MBP.

the laptop market seems to be almost binary to either tiny "holy cow i could smuggle that into prison" machines that skimp on everything for the sake of size, or massive 8 pound """""desktop replacements""""" that cost more than actual desktops.

system 76 was one of the ones i was going to go with, because they let you customise your laptop [i wanted two SSDs and one mass storage, and a 1070], but that was before i witnessed the complaints of build quality on reddit, and their PR rep dodging them outright. turns out they resell Chinesium stuff which is shoddily built.

Saw a review of a System 76 laptop on TekThing, didn't praise the build quality there either.

The Dell XPS 15 is almost the perfect laptop, if it had a 1050Ti or even better a 1060 that would be the ultimate mobile powerhouse for a lot of people.

Problem is I really like OS X (mainly for the screen scaling) and MacBooks are built really well. Razer is the only company that comes close to Apple on build, that's why I'd be excited to see a 15" Blade.