Razer or HyperX?

Greetings forum,

I'm having a tough time deciding which headset to get. I've been looking at the Razer Kraken 7.1 surround sound headset as well as the new Kingston HyperX Cloud. My main concerns are mostly sound, but design and comfort as well. I know that the clouds were basically made for comfort so they probably take the cake in that department. In other words, if anyone owns either of these, how are they in terms of sound and build quality? I haven't really been able to find many great reviews/videos on them.

As always, your help is appreciated.

peace and love,

gmasstaa

on "razer or...." questions, razer is never the right answer.

I had the same issue a while ago. I went with a plantronic gamescom 780. 

This is beside the point. I am very disappointed that I discovered The Tek after I bought the headset. Surrount sound in headsets it junk. It adds nothing and in many cases takes away from the sounds quality.

For the same price you are going to pay you could get a really really nice  pair of stereo headphones that will rock in music and have war better stereo separation in games which means better player location.

I have used the surround sound a total of 6 times since I bought the headset.

Unless you have a specific reason for buying the virtual 7.1 headset by all means go for it. 

But if you want a great music, games and movie experience go with a quality set or stereo headphones.

I can't really comment on the razer headset, but i would stay far far away from gimmicks like 7.1 surround sound and all that.

I do however have some experience with the HyperX headset, bought it but have since then returned it again, i did not like the way it sounded or the way it sat on my head, people with bigger heads will have trouble getting the headset to fit right. I like a headset with a bit of bass and the hyperx just doesn't have that, its got bass but a very mellow and boring sorta bass. The HyperX cloud is basicly just a rebranded Qpad QH-90, wich again is just a rebranded Takstar Pro 80, they are all identical, except you can save some money if you buy the takstar pro 80, unless you really need a microphone :)