Razer blackwidow your thoughts

so ive been thinking of buying this from the time it was released and since i saw linus unboxing it ... i just love the feel of the keys plus the click noise of the mechanical clicks so can any one who owns one give me their advice?? thanks

[img]http://drh2.img.digitalriver.com/DRHM/Storefront/Company/razerusa/images/product/detail/razer-blackwidow-ultimate-main.jpg[/img]

I NEED that... mechanical is where it's at. Gonna email razer now!

found The MOST DETAILED review of a keyboard ive ever seen on Oc.net and that guy even tears it down for us

http://www.overclock.net/keyboards/882561-review-razer-blackwidow-ultimate.html

and since Logan is also going to get this ima get it too!! but too bad its outta stock where i live :( will have to stick to my G15 until then

Logan said:

I NEED that... mechanical is where it's at. Gonna email razer now!

Logan, you should send XArmor an email as well. They are coming out with a revision 2 of the U9BL (backlit mechanical KB with cherry blue switches) and a new backlit mech. KB with cherry brown switches. They might be willing to send you a review sample.

media keys on F- keys.. Why oh why...

GreenSLi said:

media keys on F- keys.. Why oh why...

all mechanical keyboards have them there and i dont know why

It's beyond unpractical... Having to press another key with your other hand to change song etc, kinda kills the point in having shortcut keys for media

agreed but i dont think they might consider having separate keys for those functions cause the people who buy these mostly use for excessive typing (programming and stuff) and hardcore gamers(pro's) so people like myself only buy it for the comfort and the features it offers ... think about it ... post this on a normal forum asking which to buy a G19 or the Blackwidow and 90% of the people would tell to get the G19 why? it has a the looks,people think the BW is too noisy and the G19 offers much more features(more shortcut buttons and a nice LCD screen) than the BW but for me id take the BW over the G19 any day ...

For "pro" gaming, listening to music while just chilling ingame is a must.. Therefore shortcut keys.

there is no excuse here Razer! :]

agreed again but do you listen to music when ur in a tournament ?? as in LAN tournament .. anyhoo the media keys is not a big deal but at least a dedicated mute key would have been nice and i wonder if it has the windows key disable feature like the lycosa has ...

Ofcourse not, but where are you most, home or at a tournament? exactly.

Also, windows key disable is pretty useless these days, every new game automatically disables that button

[quote]windows key disable is pretty useless these days, every new game automatically disables that button [/quote]

I don't know about that one but

I was thinking about getting a new keyboard not sure what.I think i want a like one with the low keys (laptop type).

I don't really wanna spend that much so i found a [url=http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=039]cheap microsoft one[/url] i might buy.

then its the lycosa or artcosa for you mate

I like my G15 :3

LCD and overall quality could be better. But never let me down.

<3

RuffeDK said:

I like my G15 :3

LCD and overall quality could be better. But never let me down.

<3

i will be upgrading to the BW from the G15 and according to the review i posted a link to on OC.net earlier the guy refers the G15 and the G19 to be toys :P

PS- i too love my G15

im sold. now to assemble 129 dollars.

spitesuicide said:

im sold. now to assemble 129 dollars.

is it going for 129?

and the only way to have real media keys would to have dedicated keys for it that they do nothing but serve media purposes, i dont think you should have to press a button and hold it to mess with music but its just my opinion.

lolrazer.

http://www.daskeyboard.com/model-s-professional/

Men use DAS.

Whats a mechanical keyboard? I've never heard that before.

hugemidget47 said:

is it going for 129?

and the only way to have real media keys would to have dedicated keys for it that they do nothing but serve media purposes, i dont think you should have to press a button and hold it to mess with music but its just my opinion.

its 129 backlit and 79 without backlighting. im pretty tempted to go the cheaper route...