Raze The World - Clean Slate

there will never be a Tek Syndicate episode of scrapyard wars http://www.thejc.com/files/imagecache/body_landscape/NW+Jew.jpg

3 Likes

now now

you dont have a crystal ball of future prediction

there is no reason they couldnt

MUST STAY POSITIVE, agggggggggggh
1 Like

Looking forward to when the content starts to show back up. Hopefully this means that all parties are able to pursue what they do best or what they enjoy most (if not both at the same time.)

Wading through stuff like this is just part of the weird, wonderful, and totally effed up human experience. But please don't bring us along next time.

I'm going to be as brutally honest as possible.

hopefully it speaks volumes to my fellow brethren in the community and to @Logan @wendell @DeusQain @Pistol

What you did Logan was very fucked up. the responses we received over just asking honest questions about how the money is being handled was AND is absolutely wrong and un-called for. WE are what make you and your company or business whatever you wish to call it, prosper. now we've (I'm referring to me here) had our differences in the past over things I personally disagree with when it comes to some of the things you've done... for example my comments as to why I felt the idea of the "STOP BUYING APPLE PRODUCTS" T-shirt was stupid and to some degree very obnoxious. or just my comments on the content being somewhat poor these past few months. the reason I bring these up is because I care. WE the community care. and we didn't want the way things transpired these past few days to be like this. and as you can see from the patreon these past few days. it's gone down by over 200+ patrons... we feel betrayed by you and it's going to take a while for us to trust you again.

Now for @Pistol. Pistol being banned from the "Community" Discord. I don't know if it were mentioned to you, but she told a 14 year old fellow member to "Go Kill Himself". which let's be real, she didn't have to respond in that fashion and I expect better from her. Yes we like to joke around on The Lounge, and we minorly insult each other, though to be fair we the fellow community members talk to each other almost daily.. so others know we are joking, and I, or others let each other know we're joking.. but telling someone to go kill themselves is very uncalled for, one of the things Wendell has taught us was that when provoked, take a deep breath and think before you speak. clearly that was not done.

Now overall for how to take criticism. Some of us are trying to be honest with you when it comes to the content, or just your ideas / behavior. we aren't coming at you in malice. we just want you take us into consideration sometimes. that is all, none of us hate you as a person, but your behavior was incredibly unprofessional and everything you taught us and how we should handle situations, you really contradicted everything you have said on how to handle things.

My Final Thoughts

Hopefully there is some minor content with Wendell.. as you mentioned, We enjoy Wendell's thoughts on technology and no one can replace his wisdom. Qain on the hand, I don't think he's going to re-consider his decision on leaving cause he feels betrayed as well especially with your comments towards him. this is going to be the biggest wake-up call. Tek Syndicate is nothing without this community. and I considered leaving the forum after 3 and a half years of being here. I've learned alot from You, Qain, and Wendell. but I would hope you learn from your mistakes and be a much better person and consider others feelings on the matter.. As for your personal life, I wouldn't say you have to be entirely private, but if you have an issue I'm sure some of us can give you advice. you can learn from any one... even from the homeless man down the road if you are willing to listen. Overall. I don't plan on leaving.. but I'm going to be less active on here, and I will keep an eye on the content. but I hope you manage to be a better person and make great decisions in the future.

60 Likes

Agreed. @Logan the fact you are willing to try to patch things up here after what happened is admirable but after the way you handled the situation we would prefer this forum remain under Wendell's control and bear whatever name he sees fit. With that said we wish you well and encourage you to continue taking a more level headed approach to things. We aren't innocent either.

22 Likes

To be honest Logan wasn't ever really in the forum, it would seem silly for him to keep it.

6 Likes

IMO, at least you could just apologise to those guys after your comment deleting and banning spree.

EDIT: Forgot "deleting".

19 Likes

I would like to state she never had mod rights and also posted a private message into chat and made a sexual joke back at the member in the same fashion they did to her, as such she got banned along with the member.

6 Likes

I will keep watching Logan, Wendell, Qain, content. I don't care what it is called. Logan Syndicate and Wendell Syndicate I will watch because I enjoy the videos these guys have made for the last 4 years I've been watching. I'm only speaking for myself. If it means two to three different channels, fine.

You lost the trust of the community. It's not impossible to bring it back, but it needs to happen very soon. Continue to give us good content and behind the scenes drama doesn't matter. I believe in this. Without the content it is just another typical Internet forum.

7 Likes

From what I remember she had her name in red text which symoblized the mod status within the Discord. though I can be wrong.

Ah yes, she did for a very brief amount of time but during that moment she did not.

The one thing I would really request that be considered is that the Forum stays with Wendel, its always seemed that he was the one that had domain over this area and at least I feel this portion of the community follows him. Maybe this is rebranded to Kek Syndicate or whatever, but I feel it would be better that this be left to him. Maybe that means you make a separate forum? I'd sign up to both but I think there needs to be some indication of where this forum will go.

2 Likes

+1000000000

2 Likes

I think most of us feel that way.

Why? Because Wendell has integrity, and is incredibly intelligent and professional.

I find it hard to believe that Logan actually gives a damn about this community, for a number of reasons. The references to himself being Steve Jobs, him censoring users asking questions, and making posts that were not against community guidelines, him banning mods that called him out on it, Pistol doing what she did, made everything 10 times worse.

All of these things speak to two people, who have almost no integrity, and apparently no shame. Instead of apologizing and bowing out as they should, Logan now attempts to apologize and defer the blame to circumstances so he can try to remain.

@Logan , you have ruined your credibility with me, and many others. You have lost the public trust. As a content creator, there is very little you could do that is worse, both for us and for your own prospects as someone running a business.

I might continue watching content. I will very much be watching anything @wendell and @DeusQain do because I trust them. I may continue watching your content because you are genuinely comical at times. But I will not trust you. You will have some serious issues with earning that trust back, as I trust people up until they give me a reason not to, and censoring people asking questions is a seriously big way to lose that trust with me. Your reviews will be suspect to me, and your opinions on current events will either seem suspect, or pandering to me.

During the period of time from Sunday up until now, I have said things on Social media that were quite nasty. I would like to put them up to the fact that I had just lost my mother on Saturday to cancer, but that isn't really fair. I was simply angry, and my emotions got the better of me, for that I apologize. However I still stand by my opinion, that you and Pistol cannot be trusted.

I would however, like to thank you. As losing my mother has been an extremely painful event, and this drama has helped to distract me from that. As bad as this drama has been, I can assure you that losing a parent is worse. Somehow though I have been able to focus on what is going on here, instead of all of that.

Where you go from here, is of course, up to you. I would advise that Pistol drop the "official Tek Syndicate discord server" entirely. Why? Because it's not as free as it should be. Because of reasons like censorship. While yes, some things went on regarding Pistol that were not appropriate, I have been assured by a large number of people, her response to that behavior was equally inappropriate, although not entirely out of character with the way she deals with trolls (last I checked, we were still looking for evidence because Discord deletes everything posted by a user when they are banned, or so I have been told, so, supposedly, her behavior, as well as the person antagonizing her is gone), and while not entirely bad for someone dealing with trolls in a game, it is not the sort of behavior one wants in someone asking for administrative authority on a server.

I would also advise you to bow out as well, however that is merely my opinion from my point of view. I have a difficult time seeing how any of the companies within the IT industry and general nerd society, will trust you enough to work with you, or be able to give much weight to your credibility with viewers. If you wish to continue, and try to earn back that trust, that is of course your prerogative, but be prepared for an uphill battle. You will need to be extremely transparent with everything you do from this point forward. I understand that you occasionally have things like NDA's to deal with, but you will still need a lot of effort, to win back the trust of quite a lot of people.

I wish you luck in your future endeavors, and hope you, and others, learn as much from this experience as I have.

29 Likes

Whatever @LadyPotatas said below.

Pinned for people to be able to find it easily.

1 Like

GNU/TuxSyndicate

That really hurt... and was nonsensical in my opinion, it's like an ex girlfriend putting angry badgers in your bed while you sleep.

2 Likes

:| ehhhhhh

I agree to some extent. I have lost trust that I felt was long earned till this point. My opinion is that a schism is entirely appropriate now, and that regardless of the proceedings that Logan will have to earn back trust from a large group of us if he wishes to continue. I will follow Wendell and Qain regardless of Logan's proceedings, but the content and my gut feeling of Logan's character will be what determine's whether I choose to consume his content and use his forum or not. I don't like staying or being affiliated with people on the internet that I do not have some aspect of trust towards.

1 Like