Rate/Help me build my new low end under $1400 computer

This is what I have so far:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($169.99 @ Microcenter)

CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 90.3 CFM  CPU Cooler  ($61.00 @ Amazon)

Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX  LGA1155 Motherboard  ($127.99 @ Amazon)

Memory: G.Skill Sniper Gaming Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($75.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Crucial M4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($99.99 @ B&H)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($89.99 @ Amazon)

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB Video Card  ($449.99 @ Newegg)

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($100.49 @ NCIX US)

Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 750W 80 PLUS Silver Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply  ($98.39 @ NCIX US)

Optical Drive: Sony AD-7280S-0B DVD/CD Writer  ($25.97 @ Newegg)

Total: $1299.79

Now, I'm totally up for changing things around if I'm not getting the most bang for my buck. I'm sure some of the tech whizzes on this forum could help me out, I've never actually made a computer before!

Some things I were considering:

-Faster ram (is my current ram going to slow my gaming down?)

-A different video card (such as the Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 GHz edition 6GB for $579 or the XFX Radeon HD 7970 GHz edition 3GB for $419, which of these options is the best?)

Anything that you guys could do to help me out would be greatly appreciated and any input is welcome.

ram speed isnt a huge deal, you will see no day to day difference between 1333MHz memory and anything above, so get whats cheaper. Anything over 8GB ram is overkill for a gaming system (im assuming it's a gaming system). 750W is a bit high for a single GPU, but if you plan to crossfire in the future that is a really solid supply, personally for a single GPU system, i would go for ~600W like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139028

Are you set on the asrock, its a good board but you can get a bit more if your willing to spend a little bit more, or maybe go to a 256Gb SSD and a 1TB HDD or something along those lines ?

What would I gain by getting a better board? Also I was thinking about crossfiring.

Well personally i try to buy the most durable components i can find, a Gigabyte Ultra Durable board is in the same price range as the other boards, like Mine has a Sata Connector by the PCI-E lanes for extra power for Crossfiring/Sli, depends on what your needs are. 

these are all based on personal gripes though as a friend of mine had a Bad expirence with an Asrock Board, that beinf said it wasnt the Extreme 4 so i have no idea. 

And to add something about the GPU, you dont really Need a GHZ edition when you can get a Normal 7970 and Oc it to over 1000Mhz, will save you some money.

Is it worth getting a 6gb Sapphire 7970 though?

if you plan to run very high resolution setups (3 monitors) and crossfire, otherwize stick with the 3gb variations

You consider this build "low end"?  Jesus Christ man, this is definitely high end lol

I think in order for it to be considered high end, it has to be 2 graphics cards and probably around 2 grand right?

Anyways, just wondering the frame rate difference I'd see in the 6gb compared to a 3gb in a game

For the most part you wont see a difference until you need 3Gb or more of Vram, which would take a MultiMonitor setup or a High-Res display with High-Res textures to use all of that, id only go with the 6Gb if you were going to Crossfire and go  Multimonitor and dont plan on ungrading for a long time.

Thanks BeyondNight and everyone else, you've been extremely helpful. Would anyone change anything about the SSDs (brand or anything) or the HDD (Does my specific hard drive have a high failure rate?)

Need some suggests for a different power supply because PCpartspicker can't find any pricing info on the one I have specified, heh.

Any ideas on a new PSU?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003YFIUEG/?tag=pcpapi-20

This one could work. Really anything from Seasonic, Corsair, XFX, NZXT, and even Antec and Rosewill sometimes.

Hate to change up the build again but I got a little more money and am looking to turn this into a mid grade PC. Can you run two 7970s in the Fractal Design R4? or will there be space and heat issues?