Raspi y u no love me?

100% sure! Power is not an issue I think. The drive is spinning and it has it's own power.

Look at the enclosure model in the OP.

Enermax EB308S-B

Ok, Above is the link for the enclosure. There's definitely power to it.
So, to narrow this down more?

Looking on the Raspberry Pi site.
Looks like you need a driver for this enclosure.
Or try updating the Kernel if that is an option for you
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/hardware/raspberrypi/usb/#troubleshooting

Already did apt-get upgrade, that's how to update the kernel I guess.
About drivers I don't know what to do.

try apt-get dist-upgrade

I'll try, thanks!

1 Like

It still refuses to work, dammit. I really don't know where to bang my head on anymore.

ps. Use screw nails, they are good for your brain. More irony in your system.

1 Like

You freakin' nailed it, I'm like that right now.

Does anybody knows how to make use of this: http://lxr.free-electrons.com/ident?i=uas_use_uas_driver and if that could fix my issue?

no clue if it could fix your issue...

get sources to your drivers then change those likes and recompile...

I need some kind of Linux god right now, but I don't know who to disturb here on the forum.

from what it seems those only shows changes in kernel 4.6 if i understand that page correctly. Those are not custom in any way. You would have to recompile whole kernel ...

if you want to do that, download kernel version you currently have (sources -- gooogle) and then change lines specified there, once they are there - you should be able to ./make and compile it (unless it needs some special touch or special software to compile your kernel) This is linux everything is open...

if you want a really good guy - try @wendell

else maybe easier, simply try finding different usb driver.

Your mounting in the wrong place, here's what you do:

1. sudo fdisk -l to find your disk
  2. sudo mkdir /exthdd to make a mounting point for your disk
  3. sudo mount /dev/sda1 /exthdd to mount your disk, /dev/sxx may be different, check your fdisk list
  4. sudo chgrp -R users /exthdd for the users group to be able to access it.
  5. sudo chmod -R g+w /exthdd give users group write permissions

And you know the rest, auto-mounting and whatnot.

EDIT: My bad, didn't see you cannot find it in fdisk, bummer. Have you tried using other controllers for the drive?

I don't have any other controller to test unfortunately. Should I send that back and try my luck again?

I would try to connect the drive directly via sata to see if it still registers, I've had disks still spin up and not be recognized.

I did connect it successfully to any other PC in my house. The drive works, I'm dead sure about it.

Ok then, if you connected the drive via the encloser to the desktop does it work?

100%, copied files and formatted it multiple times.

P.S. we're just going in circles right now, you're the third person here asking me about that. Don't get me wrong I appreciate your help but I'm saying the same things over and over again.

Sorry, I'm really tired, so now that I know, I have to theories:

1. Raspbian doesn't support the controller your using
  2. The controller may be faulty (not likely since it works)

I would hit up the raspbian/debian forums about this...or use a plug and play controller next time.

Don't worry man, it's all good. Yeah, maybe the controller is not supported on Raspbian.