Raspberry pi 2 B or zero for bitcoin mining?

I was looking around on the internet and I found this 400$ machine that has a raspberry pi and some other things made for bitcoin mining. But I was wondering if it would be worth it to get a few raspberry pi 2's or zeros(saying I can find it) and set them up for bitcoin mining. I don't know really anything about bitcoin mining, so this is all speculation.

no not really. you cant mine mine bitcoins with cpus anymore. gpus maybe, but asic hardware is about the only way anymore.

Ok, it was at least worth a thought.

if you want to get into bitcoin mining, look into asic hardware.

You can mine bitcoins on the Raspberry GPU, though I don't know if anyone has made such programs available, because documentation for the GPU was released a couple of years ago and people have successfully reverse-engineered how to program it, maybe they just keep that to themselves, though I did not check this, you can try to look for it. As we know that GPU is pretty good, I bet that it's architecture is very suitable for mining. Combined with the fact that Zero costs $5 and sports the same GPU with even better CPU and memory stats, this tells me you can make a pretty good cluster for mining out of them. Though if there is no such software available and if you're not willing to write the it yourself, you won't be able to leverage this.

1 Like