Random restarts

you want this

1 Like

Oh really! I will test it. Thanks for the advice.

1 Like

I donā€™t know if it tells anything but this is what Corsair Link looks like when I have totally maxed out the load with both GPU and CPU. Maybe that is okay?

Would you mind explaining to a n00b what this does? Just curious what that would mean.

i dont know exactly

something to do with sleep modes (c power states of cpu)

ive overheard others recommend it and i know its stopped my random reboot issues (one of my systems had dying psu too) so its not always the idle current/c states bios setting.

1 Like

Thatā€™s great to know! Already I do have 3 hours without reboot. Looking promising.

1 Like

addendum to my previousā€¦

did you have to pull the plug from the wall to get the pc to come back on?.
or could you just hit the power button on the front?.
if its the latter then its not the psu tripping its self protectā€¦

self protect will stay engaged if its tripped and thereā€™s still power from the wall going the the back of the psu. so you would have to pull the plug and wait a few before it would reset and allow you to boot again.

2 Likes

That is excellent point.

Unfortunately I am still getting unscheduled restarts although they do appear to be less frequent. At this point I think only option is to start swapping parts. Which one would you start with?

I replaced my power supply with older one. So far no random restarts. I have a feeling that the Corsair power supply might be the cause.
I have used it about half a year only though and I cant imagine it would gone bad. Going to be testing that with other system and see if that also exhibits similar behavior.

OK, so here is what I have found so far, swapping my RTX3090 to 2080 Super did not fix the issue. But swapping to 2080 and changing the power supply has seemingly stopped the random resets.

What is more strange is that the Corsair PSU seems running just fine on other system but not in this one. I am yet to see any random restart in the other system.

Not 100% sure of this yet but the evidence is gathering towards this conclusion, this particular Corsair has stopped liking my Aorus Pro X570. Any ideas how this could happen?

Have you updated to the most recent BIOS?

Yes I have, also downgraded to a version that has previously worked, got the restarts either way.

OK, so I got random restart on the other PC I am testing the Corsair powersupply with, looks like I got it. It was the PSU.
I bought this around March this year new from Amazon. Should I be contacting Corsair for replacement?

amazon first. they may offer a 1 year return to seller rma. i returned a 8 month old motherboard to amazon and the replacement landed the before i had time to return the original. so yeah email amazon returns first.

after that first year the warranty returns to a factory rma.

1 Like

Oh actually I forgot, it wasnā€™t Amazon but a local shop here. I need to check the receipt I have.

The shop said I should contact Corsair directly which I did.
Well, I guess I have no other way but buy one more extra power supply in the mean while. Have been thinking to buy 1000W one for future proofing.

Also what the heck is up with this: Corsair says their products have like 7-10 years warranty. But the Japanese PC shop says the maker has 1 year warranty. It is very confusing here.

retail vs oem parts can have diff warranty periodsā€¦ can also vary on country you live inā€¦

you checked there website for there warranty and returns?.
if it says 1 year shop warranty and heā€™s refusing to honour it. heā€™s just lost a customer.
donā€™t forget to leave your likes :wink:

but regardless. corsair will honour there end.
it will normally take about 2 weeks to get a new unit off them.

1 Like