Random Hardware Postings and Discussions

I’m with @Zibob here. Just go to a museum. Look at the many artifacts on display. Would you argue they aren’t art? This is because people took pride in their craftwork and it shows. You can still see that to a much lesser degree today, when something is made by hand, but it’s not like it used to be. And you pay a premium for that kind of craftwork.

However, £25 for a keycap with a graphic printed on it is really pushing it. I’m guessing the process was very costly to design, but calling it “artisan” is just a pure horseshit to attempt to justify the price without disclosing the real reason why it’s so high…also because people fall things described as artisan. It’s sort of like how iProducts can be sold at ridiculously high prices, because of their “premium” image.

Never underestimate the crap people with money are willing to spend said money on.

Wow! What an upset! Will anyone step up and challenge the new Stilt and Pretension Champion?

Place your bets boys!

1 Like

Some are just graphics printed on, they are usually quite cheaper, a lot less than £25. Others are cast complex shapes and moulds made, resin pored, multi part pours to get specific parts different colours. and others again are more complex, encasing items in clear resin like crystal like mini bonsai trees and so on. So like jewels for keyboard at that stage.

It caries a lot but artisan is a generic term for any crafted keycap that is not a standard shape and limited run, usually hand made.

Just plain printed standard shape caps are generally called novelties.

Slowly moving back to bare heat sinks with fans strapped on them as dodgy as possible. Next EVGA card will just be PCB, fins and fans zip tied on, of course with the seemingly obligatory massive light up billboard on the side.

you know solid copper is better than their regular fare, right? They’ve been using Al heatsinks for the past few generations.

Oh I know, this is the Kingpin edition one so it will be no junk, just commenting on the levels of spartan those coolers are returning to. There is less and less on them ever edition since ACX. I am expecting the next ones to do away with the plastic skeleton and just have the fans only. Looks are secondary to function for sure but this is not appealing to me at all.

I like the ICX better than the 1st iteration ten series. No LEDS and simpler industrial design.

Pretty much every other Nvidia AiB is making hideous or completely tasteless and gaudy cards. This is as close as you can get to minimalist at this point unless you want to buy something like that single slot card by galax, and you’re sacrificing performance at that point.

I do like the ICX directly before this, or concurrently out with this, the regular one, but not this.

2 Likes

intel-ruler-09

1 Like

edit…

w/2tb HDDs

so what they mean to say is 6-10 U with drives people actually use any more

This thing is going to cost “can afford a giant yacht and a small contractor army for security” money.

I found it stange also that they make comparaison with 2TB HDD, but I just included this picture for the sweet number of 32TB for a NVME SSD ^^

1 Like

Intel’s marketing material tends not to be the most honest. I just thought it was funny that they were using ancient array standards.

1 Like

Well since AMD have ryzen again (excuse for the word play), Intel’s marketing have been really poor.

1 Like