Random Hardware Postings and Discussions

1 Like

New Razer Blade Pro

Glad they ditched the screen on the trackpad.

1 Like

How much?

2 Likes

i like that case a lot, looks really good

1 Like

Sorry had a long weekend off, but retail suggested price is $499 you get a 10gbit sfp port with it but then again the rest can't use it since all other ports are 1 gbit.

interesting design for the thumb buttons :)

yeah it not bad, all the buttons are shaped differently so you can go by feel and position to identify the button

Fellow audiophiles...

This is different from ZMF's past headphones as they were T50rp mods, a highly advance mod though. This two new headphones are 300ohm dynamic drivers, the Atticus and Eikon. Each will have it's own type of diaphragm material: Thermoplastic Elastomer and Bio-cellulose. I'm guessing the bio-cellulose is gonna be the top end model because of the way it's produced. It's a completely new gimbal and headband design, and the drivers are angled. As a big fan of ZMF's Omni Blackwood heapdhone, I happy he's moved beyond modding and into his own original designs. Oh, and they're beautiful wood finish, ZMF's craftsmanship has dramatically improved since his first Vibro.

1 Like
3 Likes

4 Likes

2.5 amp?

For the type of person that actually tries to reach 127 device limit of USB

naw, only up to standard usb specs, not good for powering devices like portable HD's and recharging devices.

http://www.eteknix.com/id-cooling-icekimo-240-vga-cooler-revealed/

1 Like

Just use this:

3 Likes

why would I need a dictionary?

Focal Elear

It's probably the only open back dynamic driver I know of that can compete with a planar magnetic headphone in terms of deep and rich bass, and it achieves this with a very light frame and easy-to-drive driver. It's because of the way it's diaphragm is designed, it has a predominantly dome design. In terms of technology design and engineering, it's on par with the HD800.

1 Like

More on Focal's Elear and Utopia headphone technology. The hype is real. I think this type of design is going to force all the other headphone manufacturers to step up their game. I think this is a far more realistic technology that can be past down to the mass consumer market over something like an electrostatic headphone from Stax's SR-009 or Sennheiser's HE1. Planar Magnetic headphone technology is getting there too in terms of price, not so much with the performance. However, this loudspeaker approach is a far more easier technology to adapt because unlike electrostatic headphones, it doesn't require a unique amp to drive, and, unlike planars, the loud speaker design doesn't sacrifice audio performance once weight becomes lighter because most of the cheaper planar offerings from Audeze or Oppo, or even Fostex, the performance just isn't there when you can just get a regular dynamic driver headphone for that price, unless you go for the much more expensive and bigger offerings.