RAM upgrade confusion?

I want to upgrade my laptop ram, but I’m confused I don’t know which ram should I get for my laptop?

In the official website, I found this.
ram
ram2

I don’t understand why there are two speeds 2133MHz and 2400MHz?

When I check my task manager, I found that the speed is 2133MHz

Which ram should I get and which speed?
Also currently I have only 16gb x1 it possible to add another 8gb to get the total of 24gb ram, or should I upgrade to another 16gb and get total of 32gb?

I believe that this means your computer supports ram up to the speed 2400MHz

You have 2133 MHz ram

so should I add 2133MHz? because my task manager is showing 2133MHz?

I don’t believe the difference would be notable from 2133 to 2400. If 2133 is cheaper go with that. If it is the same price go for 2400.

What computer is this for?

can I run a 2400 stick along with my current 2133 stick? I though I have to match the speeds? also how about adding another 8GB it’s cheaper than the 16GB?

It’s the Thinkpad T25.

When mixing ram, the ram runs at the lowest speed. So you have a stick of 2400 MHz and a stick of 2133 Mhz, both sticks would run at 2133 MHz. Both ram sticks would also run at the voltage of the ram stick with the highest voltage.

That’s fine. You will then have 8+16 which would be 24 GB of RAM.

The T25 has an extra ram slot, right?

Yes, It has and I want to upgrade the ram and add a 4G card.

I just saw that and was going to make an edit. lol. The pic in the OP threw me off as it says 1. lol. But their are two.

Yes, I just want to do this upgrade because I don’t want to keep opening my laptop to upgrade things, I just want to do it at once. Maybe I will go with the 8GB stick I think it should be enough.

1 Like