RAM Question

Ok, so I have bought all of the parts of my new PC except the RAM (It was out of stock on Newegg when I was purchasing the other parts)

Is the Kingston Fury Red Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory a good pick? I am thinking about buying 8GB of Red Memory and 8GB of Black Memory

What do you all think?

Are you using a CPU or APU, and what are you doing with the machine? Either way that's pretty decent ram. Kind of pricey for what it is, you can get faster for cheaper, idk what your mobo can support...

Here is the build: (I have already purchased some of the hardware)

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/pckmcc/saved/qjXYcf

I am using the computer for gaming and school use (I don't plan on doing anything beyond that)

Then that memory is fine and more than enough.

It is good RAM just expensive. 

PERSONALLY, and from many years experience, Kingston RAM is (mid) bottom of the line when it comes to their quality.  UNLESS something has changed in the last couple of years, they use whatever memory chips they can get cheapest, meaning consistency is not there, and quality is lacking.  Again, this COULD have changed, but from experience, this was always the case with Kingston (as well as PNY and a few other manufacturers).  The safest bet with memory is Corsair, Samsung, or Crucial, personally, in MOST systems I build I use Corsair Vengeance, or if its a very high performance system I will use Dominator.  I am NOT a fanboy, and I have plenty of experience as a system builder (I build an average of 10 systems a month for the last 17 years).  There are a few newer players in the game, and I have put Patriot in some systems, and it hasn't gave me any returns on the systems, but it seems a little slower, but works.

So...in short, unless Kingston has stepped up their game in the past two years or so, they had a 15 year stretch of being crap memory, so I would personally suggest something else.

I have never had any problems with Kingston RAM.  Before that, I had some OCZ RAM, but OCZ doesn't make RAM anymore.

I was just speaking from personal experience, and their past practices.  As I stated, they may have changed, and started making more quality boards, but in past systems, SEVERAL Kingston modules gave me a lot of headaches, and cost me a lot of cash replacing them when they started spitting errors non-stop, slowing systems down, and just generally being bad products.  Personally, as this IS my business, I am not willing to give them another chance until I see long term proof that they have gotten their shit together; Which, as I stated, they MAY have done, but there is a big difference between someone who has built over 1500 machines seeing what consistency is, and someone who has built a few.  I have nothing against anyone in here who is trying to help, and I'm not saying I know more than anyone else, but what i do have over a lot of people in here is enough experience and builds to see where there is consistency in products, and Kingston over the years has been very inconsistent for me, and just generally bad news.  There ARE systems out there which I have put Kingston modules in and they are still kicking a few years later, but there were also several that I received service calls on that were due to bad Kingston RAM modules, more than what I found acceptable.  I did qualify my statements with "PERSONALLY", and stated why I had that opinion, and with what I find to be valid facts and observations.

And he just stated what he personally has found. The wording of this post makes it sound like he is attacking you for not recommending Kingston RAM. He isn't. Chill.