RAM problem

I'm not sure if I'm at the right place but, I have a problem with my ram.

I recently installed my vengeance 1866mhz ram and installed windows8. when I went into the bios I noticed that the ram was only clocked at 1333 mhz, so when I upped it to 1866 and restarted the pc, it didn't wanna boot into windows. 

can anybody tell me what the problem here is? or if there is something I have to look at before clocking my ram?

any input would be very much appreciated

thanks. 

Cerdjee4

What is the voltage set at?  There's a chance when you increased the clock speed, it also raised your RAM's voltage way too high.

It should be at about 1.5v

the ram voltage is on AUTO. it runs on about 1.5v (it says 1.49v)

you could try setting it to something like 1,55 or 1,6 and see if it helps, hpwever dont go much above that

nop, tried that, didn't work. I'm using the asus maximus v formula motherboard and I tried the "go button" still didn't work. if I'm correct, the 1866mhz vengeance ram should run 1866mhz on 1.5v right? I also thought about reinstalling windows while having the ram clocked to 1866, got errors...so, didn't work. 

any idea?

I think I found the problem, I had to set the timings to 9-10-9-27. it works now, but I would like to test my pc's stability. what should I use for that, prime 95?

Hey I had the same problem, I have corsair vengeance ram 1600mhz, it was running at 1333mhz, changed the frequency and I got a hardware failure, after that it would not post or beep and I'm currently waiting on my new motherboard.

Prime 95 would probably work, especially if you use the test that is more RAM intensive. You could also use MemTest.

thank you wonderful people. damn, this forum is awesome :D