Rage 2 suffers from Bethesda's greed

In ME3, the problem was more of a “choose the color in wich you nuke the universe”.

I could probably get in rage about this, but I for the life of me can not remember what RAGE was about.
Was that one of those “definetly not Fallout”-shooters?

No it hasn’t…
Stardew Valley haven’t charged shit since release and we are waiting for new updates…
There are a bunch of indie games, that are just getting better with time and have content added to them constantly.
It’s just the 60$ entrance fee AAA games that are complete and utter garbage.

1 Like

I hope your right… Honestly AAA games should just charge the entrance fee and be done… Im okay with indie games charging a bit for addons if they have a very low fee at the beginning

This.
In the early days, the big companies made games.
Suddenly small companys (= guy with his to friends in his moms basement) made games, really good games that made people ask what they were paying for in the big ones.

Now it is the same but not quite, big companies make shit games, small companies make really good games (mostly). The twist is that the people are dull enough to just give out $60 to everyone who slaps “AAA” on the box.

2 Likes

yeah, the problem is the AAA games get all the attention. There are a lot of good low budget games being made, but there is no good method of finding out about the good ones.

BGS hate thread when?

It’s not really about Bethesda.
If they were the only one doing that I would agree, but they are just another name to add to the pile…
EA, Activision, Blizzard, Warner Brothers, 2K… Now Bethesda as well… It’s just another one. Which is sad… Less than 10 years ago they released Skyrim and it was praised for being single player no bulshit straight forward videogame… Now we have Fallout 76 and whatever else…

2 Likes

Buying a AAA game nowadays is like buying a jigsaw puzzle with only one piece and you have to buy the rest via DLC.

1 Like

This could be a really good game review thread, if the focus was on the game.

3 Likes

Welp, back to playing my backlog of games :^)

Something else I don’t have to participate in by not spending money? Seems simple enough.

Thanks for keeping it real. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Is it actually suffering from their greed? One Reddit post doesn’t seam like good evidence of that to me.

1 Like

Rage 1 was a shit game anyway, so i don’t know why anybody gives a crap about rage 2?

Don’t like it - don’t buy it.

It’s the only way they will change.

3 Likes

It is going to be interesting to see just how well it does. The IP definitely doesn’t have amazing recognition. How well it sells is probably going to largely a matter of how effective marketing is.

The game is kinda trash after about an hour of gameplay.

Could have told you that after Yahtzee tore through it

2 Likes

If it wasn’t for good modding community content I would never buy a Bethesda game!

Even when F76 launched, I jumped on mods right away (some qol mods)

So about the same as Rage 1 then :smiley:

1 Like