Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition vs HIS Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card

which one is better? they both cost around the same on PCpartspicker but I want the most for the money.

thank you in advance!

Never buy reference cards from amd, their stock coolers are known to be somewhat loud and HOT

look no furthur than the 6990

yeahh about that capt. I would love suggestions... but im not looking to buy a ~1000 dollar gpu.. somewhere in the 100-250 range would be LOVELY just using for gaming and general use

Get the HIS they're good cards. Don't get the stock AMD cards unless you plan on running some kind of fancy water cooling system on the card. In which case you would need the water cooling equipment as well.

unless you plan on using water cooling, HIS all the way!

on auto they run pretty quiet but turn it up to max and they pack a leaf blower and even find it reduces the temps on my mobo and other components

what type of performance will i get out of this card as far as gaming?? the rest of my build is here

I got the 6200 with an MSI 7870. You will have a great performer with the two, high to ultra settings on most games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=296ZPYPct6I

HIS, I have one saved for my lil bro, it runs cooler than my XFX 7870 DD. As for performace, play everything with max or near max settings.

cool deal you guys are the best. Thank you all for your time and effort!