Radeon 5700XT, an experience

Little over 4 hours, Wifi card made no problems, System was stable all the time.
I’d say, it is fixed.

1 Like

Im still waiting for final linix support … It went amdgpu_exp_hw_support=1. Got to love that delay.

As for windows im also punishing myself with Windows LTSB its happy at version 1607 and well the current drivers play games well. If I forget its broken and full screen a video file I blue screen the OS…Happyly netflixs and youtube content in a chrome browser can full screeen :slight_smile:

Just waiting to go back to linux with the shakes.

1 Like

Had another crash. Some windows part gets in full on panic when the GPU is 100% loaded.
Like, the GPU is doing work! It is helping the CPU push 200FPS in DaVinci resolve!

3 Likes

Hmmmm donyou get blue screens or error messages? Anything to point to what it might be.

It is windows.
There seems to be an issue where windows thinks the driver crashed when the PCIe device is just busy.

2 Likes

I have also been experiencing crashes with MSI 5700XT and I am following an amd support thread that already has 38 pages. I am really considering returning it and going NVIDIA.
Seems there’s something going on, in my case, unless I can limit the fps in some way system goes black while sound keeps playing for games that hit 200fps or more.

1 Like

Mine has been smooth sailing (except for Windows being strange).

The FPS dependent crashes are strange. Maybe make another thread on here to trouble shoot?

Wacky for sure. I have two 5700XTs a reference and an AIB in different systems and have had no issues with either. Would be nice to determine a root cause for what’s happening but I can’t fault you for not wanting to get a different card - I mean, a cat is entitled to get his game on now and then.

What is your experience with the card and linux? You mentioned Fedora in side sentence.
Just curious.