R9 Fury (non X) reviews are up!

I wouldn't be surprised after a while, or if it goes on sale, seeing a price of $500.

I have a Silverstone FT03 where it only really supports positive air pressure. I have two 80mm fans pointed directly at my R9-290 Tri-X. it helps keep it cool a little bit.

You still have the people who will figure the $150 is worth it due to a name change.

Logan compared the 290X to the 780 Ti and the 290X came within 5% and some times tied with it. Stated the 780 Ti was worth the 7 FPS LOL. Unless one day I'm rich I will never spend rmorethan ~$300 on a card as they degrade pretty fast. I'm happy spending ~$450 or so on a CPU as I know I can get 7-8 years use out of it. I'd take a 5820k and 290 over a 4690k and Fury :).

Sure I'll get right on that. :P

Don't actually have one. I'm sorry :(. I do have a 7870 that can handle a 1450mhz memory clock and 1225 core clock for $120 if you're interested though :)

The 5820k uses so much more power that I wouldn't want it. Also, it doesn't actually perform all that well in-game. Also, DX12 should make the cpu even less important in-game than it already is. Also, as higher resolutions become the norm (4k, I'm looking at you), the cpu will keep becoming less important in-game. The only thing that keeps me from really lusting after the Fury is that 4gb of memory. I know all of the arguments, but I still just want more for a card that expensive.

Must have my kernel compilation speeds. I OC my stuff so in single threaded stuff my 5820 does as well as a 4790k. I like having 12 threads for virtualization. Right now my RAM is the only thing I have oced though for complex reasons that you can see on the X99 thread I created :). DO 12 will actually allow higher threaded CPUs to be more relevant as they can properly be used, but yeah, if YOURE JUST GAMING Z97 is a no brainer or for that matter AM3

I'm throwing money at my screen, and nothing is happening!

Help!

2 Likes

That sounds pretty cool too. However, $120 is high. It took 3 weeks to sell a 7970 for a measly $150... Don't know if you'll be luckier with the 7870 though.

Yeah. We have like 5 gtx 650 Tis that have like 80% of its performance and with the $120 I was going to get a 1000w EVGA. I am not completely sure I want to part with it though considering it gives me 75 FPS at 1080p in very demanding games.

And I should have a CX600M to throw into my X99 system pretty soon. I'm still on that cheap as hell Shark 1000w that was purchased off of eBay and I just don't trust it. The CX600M should be an upgrade.

Why in the fuck would they have the power connectors right in the middle? is it reference pcb or something?

You tell us:

1 Like

Gotta have the extra fan for no raisin.

No reason? How about you cut off those fins and remove that fan and see how the temps look then.

Ever had just normal bran flakes? It's atrocious.

1 Like

there's no law that states the power connectors must be on the pcb.

@SoulFallen

ARE YOU SORRY?!

3 Likes

Yeah, but then you have wires leading to the back of the heatsink. It'd look terrible... Even worse

._.

Forget I said anything.

1 Like

Me too