Quick Windows 10 Question - Before I Upgrade

Hello Tek Syndicate!

Microsoft has recently noticed that all of the users still on Windows 7 and 8 where getting jealous about how much attention the Windows 10 users are getting (As in, Microsoft is spying on them, not 7 & 8 users), so they decided that it would be a great idea to backport the spyware to 7 & 8 users.
I am well aware that I have to option to not install the update, but, eventually I'm gonna do it by accident or something, and we all know that Microsoft is already spying on 7 & 8 users, so I am right on the edge of just going ahead and updating from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Before I do so though, I would like to know if there is any way that I can disable the automatic updates (Say, from the registry or from some trustable software) on the Home version of Windows 10?

I would also like to know if and how to disable as much include spyware as possible, and what software is used to do so. I just want to use Windows, not having my PC always talking with M$ Servers.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated, and I do apologize in advance if this topic has been posted before. I looked around, and seen nothing on this particular topic.
Also, please no "Install Linux" stuff. I already use Linux, Okay?

Thanks!
--xVxM4tthewxVx

A quick google search brought this up.

1 Like

If you're not interested in the cloud "features" for win 10 then don't upgrade. And if you're going to disable Windows Updates anyway, then just disable them on the version you're using now so the adware doesn't get ported back to you. Problem solved.

If you want a free 10 license if you change your mind later, backup your current OS with macrium or system image restore, upgrade to 10, activate, and then restore back to 7/8. You'll be able to clean install/activate win 10 on the same hardware after the "free" period is over without having to rush it.

1 Like