Questions about the LQD3000 AIC

1 - I assume I need PCIe bifurcation to be able to use this card, yes? It’s not like it has hardware RAID built in… Does it?

2 - how do I figure out if my mobo (Asus X470-F Gaming) supports said bifurcation? I’m kinda leaning towards it might not and admittedly, haven’t even (re)visitied the manual yet.

It has a hardware plx built in but the raid is up to you.

1 Like

Thank you @wendell . Appreciate the response.
I picked one up from a seller near(ish) me and I’m so pumped.

Worst drive has ~175TBW and best has ~50TBW. Obv used in a server but by my (complete) guess, I think there’s TONS of life left on them. Powered on for 8,500 hours (about 1 yr).

I’m thinking of partitioning each into 2 partitions so I can run 2 ultra-fast (4x RAID 0) scratch disks for ML/AI work. One I’d set up and use in Windows and the other in Linux… likely Clear Linux. Does that make any sense or am I dumb?

Actually maybe 4 partitions each. So I can test if it’s faster to boot off the LQD and use my other NVME/SATA as scratch (970 EVO Plus / other old SSDs) or vv. Unless anyone here has tested on similar workloads and can definitively tell me the answer!

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.