Question about overclocking

Hi,

I'm not good in overclocking stuff, only know some basics. So I tried to overclock my pc today & I just want to know if my settings are okay, or did I do something wrong or dangerous to my PC?

First I tried to use MSI's built in OC feature "OC genie II", but it decreased my RAM's frequencies from 2400mhz to 2133mhz, so I clicked in bios on "customize my oc genie" & set manually RAM & CPU frequencies & I didn't touch cpu core voltage, so it's on auto. This is screen for current settings. Are they okay?

The last overclock I did was on a i7 960 so I couldn't tell you much about your settings, but you shouldn't use auto voltage, when its set to auto the motherboard will put the voltage right up if it needs to. You should set it manually to the stock voltage and then raise it until your overclock is stable or the temperature or voltage is too high.

"when its set to auto the motherboard will put the voltage right up if it needs to"

So, is it bad if motherboard will give the voltage CPU as much as it needs?

Yeah, because generally it sets the voltage higher than the cpu needs, this is fine when you're running stock but when you overclock it can set the voltage too high. So for example I run my overclock at 1.4v but if I leave it set on auto it will set it to 1.45 - 1.5v which is way too high.

Okay, I'll set it to manually then. Thx