Question about overclocking

Thanks, that’s news to me. I thought this was purely related to voltage and that from a temperature perspective there shouldn’t be a difference if it runs 1900MHz @1V or 2000MHz @1V. Do you know the reason for this?

:thinking: - My experience is that the limiting factor was always the power limit. If the voltage for a clock speed was reduced a higher clockspeed could be hit, e.g. when previously 1900MHz @1V hit the power limit and I set 2000MHz @1V as a new curve the latter would be reached because of the decreased voltage.

Well, I get your point but one could argue that this are averages of averages which kind of falsifies the gameplay experience. What if the average influence the lower fps higher? Then the perceived performance increase would be worth it. I would even argue it might be always worth it because it is free performance.

However, you argued above that the temperature would also be increased which influences my reasoning a bit.

Anyway, out of curiosity I went ahead and increased the clock further which is detailed here: